ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will not rev. I step on the gas it stalls. If I give it starting fluid it will rev strong and smooth, so I don't think its ignition. I changed fuel pump and filter. Still no improvement. Problem came on suddenly so I doubt its injectors(unlikely that 2 or more went at one time/should still run on 5 but rough). Tried another control unit also showed no improvement. Please help!

P.S. sorry about the duplicate post

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey dead Z,

What model you got??

Have you checked your plugs for cylinders 2 & 5. Could be your flooding / running too rich/too lean.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Check distributor rotor....this just happened to me today and the rotor had come loose and wasn't spinnin right.

Just take the cap off check for moisture and such and make sure the rotor is on nice and snug.

If that doesn't help check the TPS....its near the end of the fuel rail, little black box with one plug going into it, pull the plug out, check for any type of corrosion or fluid, blow on it and such, and plug it back in....

Hope this helps
Matt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its an 81. I checked for fire from each plug, and all were good. My plugs r now black(they r new). Does that mean its burning rich or is it because of my use of stating fluid? The rotor is secure. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If your plugs are a dry sooty black, you're too way too rich. The carbon deposits are caused by insufficient air to burn off the fuel. Lean out your air mixture, clean your plugs and try again. A session on a CO2 monitor would help, but if thats not available, check your plugs again after you've cleaned tham and run the engine at medium revs for a couple of minutes. The white insulator should be white - cleaned off by the ignition process.

Let us know how you get on!!

Ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.