ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the land of H.C. Andersen - wonderful place - nomatter where you live in Denmark there is only 30 miles to the 1/4 mile wide sandy beaches - - - But sandy beaches = RUST!!!.

Due to the cold weather and a lot of salt in the air my 280 ZX TT 2+2 needs a little bit attension.

I have found rust in the rocker panels at the rear of the door opening and my Q is does a rocker panel end from a 78Z fit in there or is the curvature of theese cars totally diferent in that area???

I don't think that i'm the only one that has a problem with rust in that area so if anyone has a hint to a cheap way of doing this I'm all ear.
Of cause i need to cut out the rusty part and replace it but a new rocker panel from NISSAN DK will cost me $370 and I can get the same part at MOTERSPORT for $159 + shipping. It would be quite expensive to get those panels shipped to Denmark so i'm trying to find some alternative.

The guy that has to perform the sheet metal work is very good and capable of making the part from scratch - but it is time consuming and will of cause be expensive.

By the way I can purchase a front fender at the cost of $230 in DK including tax, and with a little bit of luck i can get the store to sell them to me for $138 - I'l post a message when i find out.

Brian Madsen Rustbuster.

PS. I also have some rust in my roof between the T-roof and the front window but I will wait until spring(whenever that is in DK) and disasemble the whole car for a paint job and make it in along with that. ANYONE DONE THAT BEFORE????

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.