ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there ever used Wild Bill out in Missouri to repair, recondition, or replace thier stock radio? Any feedback either way would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
573 Posts
Go out and get a modern aftermarket system with more power.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean about the "more power" radio, but I'm trying to be a bit of a purist with the ZX. I have a nice system in my Civic Si (and as far as my old 94 K1500 blazer - I could care less what I put in THAT monstrosity) but I want to try to keep the ZX as original as possible. Thanks, though. Aside from some tearing of the drivers seat "wing", the leather is good, the dash is perfect, the gauges work, compass and accelerometer, the digital dash works well, everything is originall in this GLL package

·
Registered
573 Posts
I had my OEM radio fixed 2 times and the third time it broke, I gave up andbought a Pioneer head unit.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Anyone know of a place in Dallas, TX that can repair the original stereo?

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
You've lived without it for how long, having the origional stereo, unless it's a low mile shiro is not a good investment. I'm all for buying a new stereo, it's not hard to wire up fresh new wires and fabricate a bit of plastic to cover the gaps. But if you love the 80's keep searching, you may find one in good condition. Good Luck!

·
Registered
522 Posts
boZton, I have a perfectly-working stock stereo from my 88 sitting on a shelf in the basement. I'm a bit of a purist too (spelled o-l-d), but this year I finally broke down, moved into the 1990's, and installed a CD player, a rear speaker panel from The Z Store, new speakers, and a sub, and it sounds a zillion times better than the stock stero. I'm never going to reinstall the original. You can have it for the cost of shipping. Send me an email if you want it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.