ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 83 280zxt died on me while i was driving it very slowly back home, (its not very fast you know) The rpm's just started droping i tried to feather the gas to raise them back up but nothing helped it just died, i had to push it home.(gawd these cars are light) It would not start, or push start. It will start the first time you try and stay running like 1 minute or 2. I replaced the fuel filter and i have good fuel to fuel rail and my injectors are spraying fine. I have good spark mabey my ignition modual is going bad? i have no idea, i am about to start replacing things, I think my ecu is going out. ? possible or not. I just need your expert on this guys.
Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had the simular thing happen to me. I found out that it was my Distributor gone bad. Check that out cuz it's rare but the blade in the cap could scrape and cause engine sieze. (this isn't expert advice) Check that out if may only be a 30 dollar problem, unless you buy a new one.
Hope that helps...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Wiring connections...

Dizzy inductor pick-up and ecu are candidates for flakey action. Also consider that these rely on very low voltage signals and the integrity of electrical connectors is essential. Pulling apart all related connectors, cleaning and tightening is laborious, but worth the effort.... compared with breaking down hassle.

Good luck!
Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.