ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My z31 is still doing this bogging out thing. When I get on it, it revs fine to about 4000 and from there it just boggs out for the rest of the gear. I don't know if this is a fuel problem or a timing problem. I replaced the fuel pump and put in a better flowing z32 filter. I had a timing light up to it the other day and it was just fine. But there is one thing, my dash says the o2 sensor is bad. I haven't replaced that yet but could an o2 cause a car to bogg out like mine does? I also pulled out some of the plugs and they had white tips on the electrodes. Does that mean that the car is running lean? I'm buying an air/fuel guage in a coulpe of days so im hoping that it will tell me what my car's doing. But any help would be great.

·
Registered
657 Posts
white plugs means the car is running lean...........
try this:
pull off the vacume line on the top of the fuel pressure regulator and see if there is any gas in there......... if there is then your FPR needs to be replaced.........

stupid question......... how does your dash tell you your o2 is bad????

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, what else would that light indicate? It says SENSOR! Im pretty sure that it is my o2 sensor. Oh, and when should I pull off my fpr vac line? when the car is running?
ECS???

·
Registered
657 Posts
pull it off after you have ran it a bit........ it doesnt have to be running.......

there are alot of sensors on your car , not just the o2...........

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to the junk yard yesterday and pulled another fpr off of a z31 and switched it out. It still does the same thing! When does injector full duty cycle kick in at? My friend reminded me of a time where I was racing someone and my manual boost controller hose poped off and before I realized it, I was hitting 18 psi on stock injectors. Could that have ruined them? And I don't have an inline guage for my fuel pressure. Im buying a air/fuel guage and a afc in a couple of days. So im hoping it will solve my problems. But with that air/fuel guage im going to replace my o2 to make sure it reads accurately. Maybe that sensor light on my dash will go out.

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
AF gauge is a total waste of money and will tell you nothing. AFC? enjoy wasting $ on that too. the sensor light goes out with simply unplugging the light connector (same thing the dealerships do) under the dashboard. there are instuctions on a small flap of paper around the wire on how to do it.

As far as bogging, I would do a boost leak test with a boostleak tester.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WTF are you talking about? A/F guages tell you if your running lean or rich. I just don't want detonation under high boost. Boost leak, that was my fist impression. I looked everywhere for a leak. I added an intercooler, but I did it right. I have a boost guage line mounted right after my throttle body on intake collector. It shows that I have a 1 psi drop due to intercooler installation. As far as unplugging the light... that's just unprofessional and dumb.

Post Edited (Mar 4, 10:28am)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When tuning your afc, you must have an a/f meter to tell you if you did something wrong like make it too lean or make it too rich. Those are important things when you up the boost. You don't want to end up blowing your motor. Besides, I can find an afc for cheap. I already found one for $80.00. Don't worry im not a big spender. Im not going with the $400.00 safc2. Im going with the old afc. Like the fist one before the LCD screens and crap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.