ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done the Toyota caliper brake conversion. It was a piece of cake. I'm now doing the ZX brake cylinder/booster conversion. Well, I'm not doing the booster now because the one I got from the scrap yard was leaking so I put the original one back on with the 15/16 cylinder. I've bled the cylinder and then bled the brakes from furtherest to closest, but the pedal won't pump up. I even tried using the regulator valve from a ZX. Thinking it would devert more fluid to the fronts or the old one was clogged. It still won't pump up. I reall need help here. I can't figure it out. The brakes work with the pedal to the floor, but I can't get the pedal to engage from the get go. Do I need to adjust the push rod from the booster to the cylinder? It looked right when I put it on. Can someone please help me get brakes on my '74 260Z. Thanks way in advance.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Make sure you have no air in the lines. My friend has a pickup truck he rebuilt and put a whole new brake system on and had no brakes. He bled the brakes and still had a problem. It turned out that he did not bleed them enough so the air in the high points and loops in the lines were taken out.

Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Make sure bleeder screws are pointing up! n/c

> Make sure you have no air in the lines. My
> friend has a pickup truck he rebuilt and put
> a whole new brake system on and had no
> brakes. He bled the brakes and still had a
> problem. It turned out that he did not bleed
> them enough so the air in the high points
> and loops in the lines were taken out.

> Hope this helps you out.
n/c

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.