ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard people say if u got a Z an its N/A its not worth ne mods or engine worK unless it turbo why is that>>>???

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Red is right - you would have to spend a lot of money and do a lot of work to get an N/A up to even the stock turbo's standards. There is a guy here on the forums who recently posted saying that he had spent over $5,000 on his car and he wasnt' sure if he was even at the turbo's stock specification of 200HP.

If you have a turbo you can simply pick up a boost controller and a few other goodies and be cranking 40+ extra horse no problem and you would still be miles ahead of someone who spent a fortune on an N/A.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks guys...you convinced me not to my mod mine...except maybe the exhaust because stockone is rusty.

·
Registered
782 Posts
To match the performance of a stock turbo car you would need exhaust and a 50 shot of nos. I ran a 15.3 @ 89mph hitting the bottle half way through 1st gear on the 50 shot.The best Idea Ive came with so far for a non turbo would be using a turbo ECU and turbo injectors and running a 75 shot. It really would not run rich at an idle cause the NA has more compression, and normal driving would not be much different cause normal driving even if turbocharged would only build 2-3 lbs of boost through out the rpm range. There is only a 100cc difference between the injectors but would be much safer to run a 75 shot or 100 shot cause when I was running a 50 shot on the NA injectors I kept running lean and I had even bought the wet NOS kit. Well thats the cheapest way anyways I imagine 14.50's would be possible on slicks. For probably $300 NOS $130 used turbo injectors $40 turbo ecu total $470 not to bad for a weekend car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.