ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoever out there is running lightened flywheels, let me know how you like em and what negatives there are with them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
> Whoever out there is running lightened
> flywheels, let me know how you like em and
> what negatives there are with them.
I ran an alumnium flywheel for 3 yrs behind 80zx car had 83turbo head (bumps compression 1 FULL point 9.5to 10.5)big cam,large injectors,webber big throat,headers,2.5in exaust,79 5 speed(lower gears)3.90 gears rear.I usesd nitrous from 10,000 RPM.(company name).With out nitrous car ran best of [email protected] on street tires through muffler with no nos,with nos [email protected] aluminum flywheel motor is VERY buzzy.Street driving is hard cause car does not want to launch from stop light,has NO reserve torque for passing,but these drawbacks are easy to adjust to and are consistent always.biggist drawback was motor BROKE harmonic ballancers(i went through 15 of them).Bearing this in mind I still have same flywheel,if u want it,u can have it.I put small block chevy in mine.

·
Registered
61 Posts
> Just tell me how to get them... I can pay
> for shiping. Just let me know!!!!

> Thanks

> John Cooney
John,I have cancer and I cant move **** .u figure a way to get it u can have it.must be 5gs worth of ****. Stan

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> John,I have cancer and I cant move **** .u
> figure a way to get it u can have it.must be
> 5gs worth of ****. Stan
**** I am sorry, Well let me know were you live and I will come get it. Check your Mail box. I sent my info. I am willing to come and get it. My motor is on it's last leg so I would be forever thankful!!!!!
Thanks, John cooney
(H)281-304-0698
Call ANY time. I work 2nd shift so I am up late.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Can you explain more about what you mean when you say that the car could not launch from a stand still or no acceleration at higher speeds. What's the benefit of have a light flywheel if it slows down acceleration? I thought it would make a car faster at all speeds. Or do lightened flywheels only increase horsepower and not torque?
What was the reason for putting larger injectors on your car? And how hard is it to replace the harmonic balancer?

> I ran an alumnium flywheel for 3 yrs behind
> 80zx car had 83turbo head (bumps compression
> 1 FULL point 9.5to 10.5)big cam,large
> injectors,webber big throat,headers,2.5in
> exaust,79 5 speed(lower gears)3.90 gears
> rear.I usesd nitrous from 10,000
> RPM.(company name).With out nitrous car ran
> best of [email protected] on street tires through
> muffler with no nos,with nos
> [email protected] aluminum flywheel
> motor is VERY buzzy.Street driving is hard
> cause car does not want to launch from stop
> light,has NO reserve torque for passing,but
> these drawbacks are easy to adjust to and
> are consistent always.biggist drawback was
> motor BROKE harmonic ballancers(i went
> through 15 of them).Bearing this in mind I
> still have same flywheel,if u want it,u can
> have it.I put small block chevy in mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.