ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
if you're at a grocery store and you're rude to the cashier can they taze you? no, they can't. they have to deal with you the old fashioned way, by talking to you. this cop took the easy way out and abused his power
A cashier is not a cop. A cop has the authority to order you to perform actions within his power, one of which is to require your compliance to assist in completing the citation.

The cop does not have to humor anyone arguing about a ticket. The place for argument is in court, not on the side of the road.

The cop was in the right, mostly.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
You don't. Let the Darwin awards be passed out. The guy in the vid was on tape refusing to sign a ticket. So what. That's not a criminal offence. The cop was clearly not in physical danger & committed unprovoked battery which is a crime. Taser his ass or use a weapon similar to his arsenal on him.
Darwin awards are for death only. Nobody died here.

·
Registered
14,442 Posts
Remember the old saying, "It takes TWO to tango."

I used to try to take people to the ground and and restrain them. But theres something bad that happens alot of times when you do that. Grab a handful of clothes and your fingers will be broken and twisted. Its easier on the hands to punch their teeth out. Its even easier to use something else. Repeated injuries to your hands, wrists,shoulders and back will make you have to alter the way that you handle things.

On the other hand, whenever I have a run-in with the cops, its usually a 2-1 or 3-1 scenario in their favor. I asked in an earlier posts ,"How do you protect the stupid?" The vast majority of people (90%) that have run-ins with the cops are STUPID. People who arent stupid rarely will even have to deal with cops. So, if you have alot of run-ins with Johnny Law, guess what? YOU ARE STUPID! Someone mentioned Darwin. Why should cops give someone consideration and decency when 'natural selection'and everything else theu teach you in science has deemed them unfit for survival?

"But B, their job is to PROTECT and SERVE."

And thats why this guy just got tazed instead of a bullet. This guy gave no consideration to his family when he confronted Johnny Law. If he wasnt tazed, there would have been a fight and the pregnant wife jumps out to stand by her man. Real ugly situation. Fortunately for this stupid family, daddy got lit up and we got entertainment.

"But B, not everyone who gets stopped by the cops is stupid."

Youre right. And the cops will know instantly. It actually surprised them.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I smell beacon here, anyone with police background has his vision blurred (so handicapped himself) to comment in a case involving the common man.
where do we fit the protect n serve in this case? the cop protected n served himself period
was the stupid kid a mile away from the "gateawaycar"? yes
was he walking slowly ? yes
profiling work wonders most of the time..
taser is suppose TO BE n alternative to a deadly weapon, to stop a fleeing criminal (suspect) who RUN AWAY on foot from a WELL TRAINED/secure cop who cannot keep up with the CHASE

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
I never cry when a cop gets taken out. Too bad this one didn't get splattered. He deserved it. Then a Darwin award could have been rightfully handed out. I hope he dosen't breed.

·
Registered
14,442 Posts
Sounds like you've been watching too many rap videos, Eazy-E. I did a stint on the PD back when I was young and a good kid. Unfortunately, I am no longer young and no longer a good person.

I asked a simple question," How do you protect the stupid?" Noone answered. Sure is easy to point fingers and tell someone that theyre wrong, isnt it? Dont have the answers and so you now smell bacon. A successful criminal knows the law better than the cops.

Someone else wrote:
"You don't. Let the Darwin awards be passed out. The guy in the vid was on tape refusing to sign a ticket. So what. That's not a criminal offence. The cop was clearly not in physical danger & committed unprovoked battery which is a crime. Taser his ass or use a weapon similar to his arsenal on him."

You know, thats the same reasoning that jurors have when someone goes to jail for knocking the **** out of someone who they caught breaking inside their home.

"Well, the homeowner wasnt in physical danger and committed unprovoked battery which is a crime. Lets send him up river!" I sure hate to see you wake up with some stranger rummaging through your home. Can you stand aside while he takes your new flatscreen?

Resisting arrest is an offense. This cop is actually a decent fellow.If you know what to look for,you can tell the bad ones apart from the decent ones.

See the cop get nervous when the girl came charging out? BAD situation. Fortunately, the girl did have more brain than hubby.

Anyways, I got a good laugh watching that punk get lit up. Dumba$$

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
Re: Huh?

1-i-Z Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The pride I'm talking about is that you are a good
> person and you start out polite with the officer,
> then he has to be the cocky young punk to start
> his crap, then you just take that gulp and say
> "yes sir." (not saying all cops are bad, actually
> small percentage, but still,)so yes I do have
> courtesy, the type to open doors for women and the
> elderly, and say thank you, please and welcome.
> If your so polite, why you keep crackin on people
> and just let them say what they have to say, as
> long as it doesn't harm no one, otherwise, give a
> lashing, lol. I do agree with your last
> paragraph, Our society is to plush, too many
> whiners too. RED, my
> other eye is Bi-onic, he,he. I'll take you any
> day on the track, even thow I never been, I just
> use the force. Just don't try and pass me on the
> right side, damage could happen. You kidding me,
> I drive better then some people with 2 eyes and
> glasses.

you'll take me on the track? lol - i don't think so for two reasons - 1) I don't race and 2) I drive a 130hp civic.

·
Registered
5,638 Posts
Ballistic Wrote:

> I asked a simple question," How do you protect the
> stupid?" Noone answered.

Your question implies police officers are smart. How can you expect us to answer a question when the question itself is flawed and leading?

Ballistic Wrote:

>Resisting arrest is an offense. This cop is actually a decent fellow.If you know >what to look for,you can tell the bad ones apart from the decent ones.

even decent fellows make stupid mistakes and deserve to be punished for them. the cop's behavior is a prime example of this.

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
Testify Brother Ballistic!

" The vast majority of people (90%) that have run-ins with the cops are STUPID. People who arent stupid rarely will even have to deal with cops. So, if you have alot of run-ins with Johnny Law, guess what? YOU ARE STUPID! "

I got pulled over in Sacramento for doing a roiling boiling burnout across four lanes of traffic.

It was only the second time in my life that a cop actually SWORE at me when he opened the conversation:

"What the fu*k to you call that bullsh*t back there?!?!?!"

My response:

"You got me man, I'm a fu*king idiot! It was a colossally stupid thing to do, if I saw you guys down there, no way in **** would I have done it! You got me dead to rights, no question about it!"

Cop looked shocked that I was admitting what I did...

Know what? I DID NOT get a ticket, either. We did have a long talk though, and I understood his points. He really didn't lecture me, but he seemed shocked that I fessed up totally and ADMITTED IT WAS A FU*KING STUPID IDIOT.

It think that alone was the difference between "Ticket" and "No Ticket"...

Now, had I decided to duck down a highway onramp and try to duck and flee them (fleeting thought, admittedly, since I did drop out of their line of sight for about 30 seconds)...what do you think the outcome would have been...no matter what I said?

Ballistic has it correct, tying up your hands results in injuries that you get no thanks for at all. Dealing physically with people is VERY dangerous. And due to the aging population of the police force using non-contact methods of incapication is safer to BOTH parties involved. It's one of the reasons LAPD now requires annual recertification in takedowns and wristlocks, same as firearms recertification. You can't do the wristlocks and control techniques, you get set behind a desk till you can (or worse, laid off without pay!) After Rodney King, they realized their hands-on training in submission techniques was sorely lacking, and beating people with clubs isn't terribly efficient unless you are TRAINED AND CERTIFIED as to WHERE to hit people for most effect.

People talking about a 'kinder gentler' police treatment have NEVER had to deal with unruly people. And the idiot in the truck was bing unruly. He made his own bed. He should have simply signed the ticket, and called the lawyer. No taser, nothing. But he has a problem with authority, how DARE the officer say he was SPEEDING. He wasn't speeding, because he haden't reached the sign. Know what? Doesn't matter. Sign the ticket, take some photos, go to court.

If you choose to argue it on the side of the road, then whoever has the bigger weapon will win. The sad part is that the guy who was speeding will get a payout, and another cop will loose his job over a minor infraction---and that is what it is guys. Tasering hurts like ****, but it's transient, and doesn't really do anything permanent. Pain compliance is the most effective way of handling someone who is not complying.

"He rode the lightning" LOL. What would have been better is if the cop had Metallica playing in the squadcar and said 'Here, listen to this, it's a tribute to your arguing dumb a$$!'

Both parties were wrong, but in the end the cop was right. He shouldn't loose his job over this, but if he's found to taser people 2X as more as everybody else on the job, maybe he should. We don't know anyting about what happens other than what's on the tape. And that ain't very much.

From what's on the tape, "Advantage Cop". He gave more than ample warning to the guy. The guy just didn't feel he had to listen.

Maybe he will, next time

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Re: NEW SOUNDTRACK FOR THE VIDEO

Ahhh, back when Metallica was good. I got Jason's autograph a couple times and had a brief converstion with him at the Ozz fest. (takeing my boy to see Ozzy on Tues.) So Tony you actually did something stupid? Maybe this proves a point if you don't mind me saying? There are smart people that do stupid things, (like myself,) then there are just the plain out stupid people, like the suv people here. Live and learn is the saying, if you don't learn, you are stupid. Boy did I do alot of stupid things when I was younger. Now I have about 8 years of good living under my belt and don't want to loose it. (now I just do little stupid things, he,he.) I have learned to use my head and think of the consequences and keep myself in check. After all I'm just a crazy redneck with some brains, and it's dangerous, very dangerous. Cool vids, thanks.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Re: Huh?

Redoctober, I was just kidding, I don't race either. Just saying I can see well, except the right eye don't see. So passing me on the right hand side is not good, plus I believe that is illegal on the hi-way, but people do it all the time. Of course there are the idiots that drive in the far left lane, like we live in England.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
ego's fault

I second justinrhenry in this one N humbly ask: what will be the charge after arresting this "idiot"..smashed ego maybe?

According with ballistic this guy was resisting arrest,aha.. what happens with the proverbial grab the guy, subdue, handcuff, etc etc is this tape tampered?

n if the guy got" arrested" before the tase what would be then the charge?

Obstruction(?) Idiot?..who?

just imagine the tape without the tasing n the "infractor" arrested..what we got?

The blindest of all is the one who refuses to see

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
You guys just don't get it!

"According with ballistic this guy was resisting arrest,aha.. what happens with the proverbial grab the guy, subdue, handcuff, etc etc is this tape tampered? "

You guys just don't get it!

It's NOT the way it happens in the movies. For many reasons, including the ones I mentioned earlier, arrest and submission of suspects has moved towards a more 'hands off' approach because it's safer for all involved.

For the same reasons lateral vascular neck restraints were 'banned', so is touching or otherwise wrestling with an agitated or altered suspect.

It does nobody any good to have a cop involved with a physical confrontation WITH A SECOND PARTY IN THE CAR. Mom can come out with a Magnum just as easily as anything, and blow the cop away.

This is the PRIMARY consideration for using the Taser in this case.

Were the Mr. "I Got My Rights" guy riding along ALONE, chances are you WOULD have seen a wrestling match because the chance of soemone coming out of the car to whack the officer is nil.

But BECAUSE there was a SECOND person, the cop CAN NOT RISK getting entangled.

He warned the guy he was resisting. He warned the guy repeatedly that he was going to be TASED if he did not comply. What kind of idiot does it take to PUSH THE LIMITS knowing that he's about to 'ride the lightning' to the tune of 50KV?

The Taser, or the Gun comes out, and my compliance ratio goes skyhigh..."What can I do for you, Officer?"

The guy jsut was P.O. that he was getting a ticket for speeding, and thought he had a RIGHT to do WTF he wanted (like some spoiled kid stomping his feet)...well he was totally in his RIGHTS to refuse to sign the ticket. As was the cop well within HIS RIGHTS to ARREST HIM ON THE SPOT.

See, guys, RIGHTS come with RESPONSIBILITIES. The idiot was NOT considering ANYTHING but HIMSELF. His pregnant girlie in the next seat is served by him getting arrested HOW again? He could have simply signed the ticket, or refused to sign and gotten arrested and put in jail. That is how it works. No need for him to refuse to comply with either of the officer's commands.

What you need to understand is the officer saying 'you are under arrest' is all it takes. AFter that occurs, he can do whatever he deems necessary to bring the suspect into custody. All Lawyer Boy neeeded to to was accept the handcuffs being placed on him, and it all would have been over...the cop would have searched the vehicle and let girly ride on. But he resisted arrest.

For all the armchair lawyers out there, you guys have a scarce idea how it really works in the world of enforcement. The cop does not need to read you your rights until you are in CUSTODY. Lawyer Boy said 'you can't arrest me until you read me my rights'---WRONG! Mirandizing a Suspect can happen just about any time. In truth, it's better for the SUSPECT if the cop does not read the rights quickly, as it leaves room open for anything you say being dismissed. But it's not till you are in custody that traditionally you are read rights. That did not happen till after he was tased and handcuffed.

Without the tasing, we have a suspect that is trying to flee, and a second person in the vehicle who presents a danger to the officer. And a definate case of resisting arrest, and 'fleeing' if Lawyer Boy gets back in the truck.

You are hot to ask all the questions, let me ask you one:
Why does lawyer boy think he is justified in walking away from a law enforcment offical who has verbally informed him he will be taken into custody and placed under arrest due to not signing the citation?

He was informed he was to be placed under arrest, the escalation to his refusal to sign the citation. It's within the law. That is Lawyer Boy's alternative to signing the ticket. He didn't like it, so he decides to argue?

Second question: When was the last time you saw ANYONE argue their way out of being arrested and taken into custody.

The pattern is clear, and you can see it. Verbal escalation, Physical Escalation, the next step was Physical Confrontation. The Taser Stopped that, and THAT is the PRIME thing they use it for: Prevention of a physical confrontation and officer safety.

One person in the car, he may wrestle.
Two people in the car, you ride the lightning because it keeps one hand free to deal with passenger #2 if need be.

T5Turbo, how would YOU have handled it? Engage the suspect physically and then have mommy with the Magnum come out and blow you away? Tell me it won't happen. And tell me how you know it won't!

You can't, cause you don't!

·
Registered
14,442 Posts
justinrhenry Wrote:

>
> Your question implies police officers are smart.
> How can you expect us to answer a question when
> the question itself is flawed and leading?

I didnt imply anything, except its their job to protect the stupid. If anything was implied, it was that the vast majority of people who think that they are not stupid ARE actually stupid. The laws of this country are written for the stupid by the stupid. So now, you have a guy in a uniform that has an impossible task, There is no protection against stupidity.

>
> even decent fellows make stupid mistakes and
> deserve to be punished for them. the cop's
> behavior is a prime example of this.

Did the guy continually ignore orders given by the cop? He was going to get back into his SUV and drive away. So which is safer for the stupid...getting tazed,getting into a fistfight or a high speed chase?

You know what... the next time you guys go to court, why dont you tell the judge what you think of the cop, and insult the judge (tell him his robes are silly looking) instead of posting your cowardly words here?

Years ago, there wasnt a seatbelt law, there werent any guardrails, there werent many traffic lights, there were half as many cops out, there werent as many traffic laws and DUI laws and there werent any lit 4 lane highways...

...until one day, someone's dumba$$ son got himself killed. And so the dumba$$es got together, raised taxes, and created many laws and regulations so that another tragedy wouldnt happen. And then the Dumba$$es said to their dumba$$ children,"Theres a guardrail there, now Deadman's Curve is completely safe!" And Dumba$$ Jr got into his car and went faster through Deadman's Curve, hit the guardrail and got cut to shreds.

And the Dumba$$es all got together, raised taxes, and created more laws and regulations. They put a yellow caution light up and dropped the speed limit from 55 to 50. But one day, Mary Dumba$$ went driving down that stretch of road in the rain in a car with crappy tires, spun out, hit the guardrail and got launched out of the car into an oak tree. And one smart Dumba$$ (oxymoron?) reasoned that if Mary was not thrown out of the car, she would have lived.

And so the Dumba$$es all got together, raised taxes, and created more laws and regulations.

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
Meh...

I do stupid sh*t all the time. Anybody who doesn't think they do is a fool.

A lot of people just can't stand when someone points it out to them.

Like Lawyer Boy in the video.

All he had to do was sign the ticket, take some photos, and call the lawyer.

But that doesn't fit in his world. Probably a world where he's always gotten what he wants through the lame arguments he used in the video.

He thought he was a bada$$ and walked across the line to a world he thought he knew about, but in reality was sorely mistaken.

He paid the price for not admitting he had done something stupid. he paid the price for escalating the moment because he refused to admit he had been caught.

I mean, I at least ADMITTED it to the cop. I realized the moment I was caught that my stupidity was seen by others.

See, that's the key: Keep your stupidity private. Then you can be as stupid as you want.

Once you make your stupidity public, you run the risk of having something terrible happen to you.

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
AMEN, AMEN! TESTIFY!

PITCH A TENT AND COME WORSHIP THE WORD OF BALLISTIC!

"Years ago, there wasnt a seatbelt law, there werent any guardrails, there werent many traffic lights, there were half as many cops out, there werent as many traffic laws and DUI laws and there werent any lit 4 lane highways...

...until one day, someone's dumba$$ son got himself killed. And so the dumba$$es got together, raised taxes, and created many laws and regulations so that another tragedy wouldnt happen. And then the Dumba$$es said to their dumba$$ children,"Theres a guardrail there, now Deadman's Curve is completely safe!" And Dumba$$ Jr got into his car and went faster through Deadman's Curve, hit the guardrail and got cut to shreds.

And the Dumba$$es all got together, raised taxes, and created more laws and regulations. They put a yellow caution light up and dropped the speed limit from 55 to 50. But one day, Mary Dumba$$ went driving down that stretch of road in the rain in a car with crappy tires, spun out, hit the guardrail and got launched out of the car into an oak tree. And one smart Dumba$$ (oxymoron?) reasoned that if Mary was not thrown out of the car, she would have lived.

And so the Dumba$$es all got together, raised taxes, and created more laws and regulations."

TESTIFY! TESTIFY! HALLE BERRY! AMEN AMEN!

BALLISTIC AKBAR!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Re: AMEN, AMEN! TESTIFY!

LMAO, you couldn't have said it better. I also believe because of all the new laws now they have more reason to arrest and give out tickets all to make more money, I think it's always about the money when it comes to the GOV.

·
Registered
14,442 Posts
Traffic laws and traffic cops are here to protect the stupid. There is actually a simpler easier and CHEAPER way of handling traffic problems.

Years ago TonyD made a post on roadside execution. I love the idea. No photo-radar, no speed cops, no drug and DUI taskforce, no breathalizers (sp?), no public defenders. Drive as fast as you want, drink as much as you want...noone bothers you. However, if your excesses get the best of you and you kill someone else, the cops and a magistrate show up, review your case right then and execute you. And fine your family $100 for court cost.

If this cop didnt have to serve and protect the stupid, he would have never pulled this stupid boy over.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Quotes...."stupid is, as stupid does" "stupid people shouldn't breed" "and the stupid shall be punished" "there's a new desease, it's called stupidity, and it's spreading fast"

41 - 60 of 133 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.