ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
My point was, do you ? or do you not? use any type of engine bright or chemical enhancment in your engine compartment? Didnt meen to start a world war. All you have to do is click on the underlined silver77280z and you will see the email adress. I never hide my email address.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The two posts I found would not link.
I always use snap spray on my engines. Don’t even think about down playing the decades of care I have placed in my cars. So you go and spray your engine and show me how easy it is. When it comes to aesthetics of a ZX. I am without any question the finest authority on pretty engines. My cars have engines that look just like your Haynes book if not even more true to form. I have every position filled with the exact clips, ties and the whole shebang. You need to humble yourself and learn from me rather that write off my expertise as something devoted to a can of something or another.
My point is everyone should keep a clean engine bay.
You know how nobody likes a lady with hairy underarms?
We look at a dirty engine bay the same way, what a turn off.
If you guys clean your engine you may pick up more chicks.
Would you find a good-looking model attractive if she opened her mouth and had green teeth? If you ask if I clean my engine the answer is yes and I also brush my teeth.

Madeline Michele
Hollywood, FL

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Madeline said:

"If you ask if I clean my engine the answer is yes and I also brush my teeth."

But do you also shave your underarms? LOL sorry, couldn't resist...

·
Registered
802 Posts
You do not know the countless amount of people on this site who just spray on engine bright and claim to have the cleanest engine around. You are correct when you say that having a clean engine bay makes the car. I recently dropped a new motor into my 280 and changed all the lines, hoses bolts, ect.. The only mistake i made was not switching the bays paint to match the car. The engine is going to be repulled so my autobody guy can respray the bay. My response was based on the fact that alot of people think that engine bright makes and engine clean. I did not know you were such a fanatic about it and i am sorry.

·
Registered
802 Posts
and one other thing.

no matter what you claim it is my opinion that any engine spray or chemical enhancemt causes more harm then good. Dirt sticks where is would otherwise pass.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: and one other thing.

Material needs to be lubricated.
Like a sponge needs water it goes that synthetics needing lubrication.
Yes it makes it sticky like Secret Solid this is why you clean it from time to time.
Keep in mind whatever method I have and am employing for almost 20 years now seems to work. Snap Silicone Spray works great on everything, I even use it on the dishes.
Just kidding about the dishes but it sure tastes great on ice cream.

As for your assertion:
>no matter what you claim it is my opinion that any engine spray or >chemical enhancemt causes more harm then good. Dirt sticks where is >would otherwise pass.
This sounds like perfect logic and it does indeed collect dust but it fills the plastic and rubber with moisture and all you need to do is keep a harmony of cleaning and lubricating.
Dirt washes off but you can’t spray on fresh clean rubber and rust free metal.
No matter the current condition of your car the least you can do is keep it the way it is or even better Snap the **** out of it. Some people here also have aesthetically kick ars engine bays, I’ve seen the posts and others are doing something like me. I don’t have a clue what but I’m not the only one. I hate to admit it but I have seen posted a couple engine bays that are better than my 83. I would sure like to hear how others are doing it as well. I do have 3 Z cars and am looking for one more. I will like clock work hit that bay and replace anything that is not perfect looking and yes I do replace stuff I don’t have a foggy idea what it is. If it’s ugly it has to go.

Madeline Michele
South BallJoint Junction, Florida

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Say butt?

hey madeline,

what is this snap spray you are talking about?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.