ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
when it comes to zcars, the secret is open your wallet real wide and enpty it numerious times. LOL

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get a box cutter and cut out the carpet under the gas peddle.
Then remove the insulation and you have an extra one-inch.
This way you put the peddle to the metal rather than putting the peddle to the rug.

BTW…It’s a joke.
I welcome any other stupid ideas.
I already removed my extra kidney; ovary, gal bladder and interior leaving only a milk crate to sit on. I’m on a crash diet to drop to anorexia so I would be 98 pounds…Zooooom.
Don’t make me laugh or I’ll pop a stitch.

MAD

·
Registered
702 Posts
LOL Yeah you are crazy! I needed a laugh considering I just put my z in the shop cause I either have a stuck valve/bent/broke or something like that. Im looking at 700 bucks and hoping it didnt do anything to the piston or damage the head..........praying......praying. thanks for the laugh mad mad mad madeline. Laterzzzzz Mark

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got one for ya - we had this buddy a few years back that knew absolutely nothing about cars. He scraped his pennies and bought an old chevelle. He wanted to dress up the engine a bit so he started with chrome valve covers. He brings the car over, we throw them on real quick and jokingly tell him that'll add a good 10-15 horsepower. He thought we were serious and asked why... we told him simply "chrome adds horsepower". He shows up the next day with chrome heat tape stuck to everything he could get it to stick to... begging to race my buddies blazer with the corvette engine in it. It's been 10 years, and it's still the ongoing joke around here anytime someone ends up with a chrome breather or something.

Thought someone might get a little chuckle...
Shayne

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Well..I shouldn't be sharing this.....

But being as it's Christmas and all! Put high performance air in your tires. Also, I doubt they are available in the States but years ago when we switched to the metric system you could get stickers for your speedometer. What you do though is just cut up the individual numbers and start adding them on to your speedo after the 120mph. 130, 140, 150 etc. It's hard to find the stickers these days.

·
Registered
994 Posts
good trick..

if you have a freind who knows nothing abut cars...send them to the auto parts store for a new flux capacit(you know...back to the future)...this gets them all the time..i sent my freind to pep boys a few years back...he asked the guy at the counter for a flux capacitor for a 1985 mustang....and the guy at the counter actually looked through the computer for a listing...boy he was pissed when he came back to my house!..lol

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
How about ...

1. Gut interior completely.
2. Remove paint
3. Install a remote control (no driver will save 100-200 pounds)
4. Weld doors and hatches shut
5. Pump car full of helium (if you're going to lighten it, let's get serious)
6. Go really, really fast.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have ten of your freinds push you down a steep hill, good for 2-3 extra horsepower
or find the most expensive gas possible-You know if it cost more you get more power..... :

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: What worked for me....

1. Revlon Hairdryer - Adds an estimated 15-20 hp depending on how you configure it. Twin dryers have yielded wonderful results.

2. Z-specific stickers - Sure we don't have the advantages of today's technology in our old Zcars, but I wanted to combat this with my new line of stickers. Since Ford already stole Z-tech, I just use the "Powered By Z" / "Type Z" on my car. Here could be a few other stickers that might intimidate drivers:

"2 Valves/cylinder"
"SU carbed"
"SOHC"
"Super Smog Edition"
"4 Speed"

I mean, those are pretty **** scary if you ask me. Of course, you ruin your "sleeper" status when you apply these stickers. Guess that's just the price you pay.

Though I haven't been to the dyno yet, these mods alone have probably added 50-150hp. Oh, and I watched Fast and Furious last night too.....

?? ;-) -Ryan

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

i used to get my friends to go to autozone to pick me up a lower radiator hose for my 74 beetle. never came back with one though. one time i let my mom drove the bug and told her to stop by a full-service and get them to check the oil, and the water in the radiator,,,,she never borrowed it again.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

And how many times have we sent our friends to the old VW dealers with the assumption of getting a well paying job as a reaiator cleaner.
"You just sit back with a hose ans wash bugs off"

MAD

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
V8 = 8 volts???

My friend who knew nothing about cars thought this. I said yea... a V8 and he was like... doesn't V8 stand for 8 volts on a car?? I almost died laughing! luckely there was no one else around for him to be embarrased ....i still rag on him about it to this day.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Re: Well you have to have light colors...

First you need fast colors.

Dont go with black..it's the heaviest color....
white is the way to go but yellow works pretty good too.

and since metal is a good conducter you should go with chrome spark plugs. it looks better and will give you a good 5ponies.

·
Premium Member
40,978 Posts
I'm on that plan, too!

MUCH easier for ME to loose 100# than to take it off the car! LOL.
60 down, 60 to go...
Yeah, I started at a goal of 100, but the first 60 wwent so fast, I though I'd shoot for a total of 120...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Re: Absolute BEST Site for Speed & HP Gains

This site has some of the absolute BEST modifications that any backyard mechanic can get. They GUARANTEE HP and Speed improvements that will totally amaze you.

www.kalecoauto.com

Remember, you saw it first here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.