ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who sells after market intakes for a 76 280 z.not cold air induction.the hole intake.has any one made there own intake if so can you show me some pics thanks ahead of time

·
Premium Member
40,978 Posts
Kakimoto and TBO in Japan

Good luck getting either one now without some SERIOUS connections over in Japan.

·
Registered
244 Posts
You actually have several options, but none of them are cheap.

The shure thing is individual throddle body setup (they use the cannon manifold and look like tripple webers with fuel injectors on top (Look up itg), but it may require a new fuel injection system (ie electromotive)

horsepower and response possibilities are HUGE but what is your goal here??

How fast do you want to go.......means how much do you want to spend!! As always!!

Regardless, unless you know A LOT about flow theory and fluid dynamics, making your own plentum is a MAJOR undertaking

If your in a non smog state, pick up some carbs!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Az Z car use to sell one, don't know if they still do though. If you're mostly stock looking for a little more power this is an expensive route. I belive they were in the $900 range. I have a home brew one on mine. Cut the factory mounting flanges off about 2" up and hogged the runners out and every thing else is out of aluminum tube. It easily out flows the stocker but the plenum is still a little small. I will someday change that. If you're serious look at the AZZcar one, I wouldn't stick it on anything but a serious motor, turbo or N/A though.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Hi Freez.
Hey, lots of answers huh? Just want to add my 02 to the mention of T4240Z about ArizonaZ's intake manifolds. Yes these are expensive and no ArizonaZ does NOT sell 'em anymore. However, you may find one at www.Zhome or even HybridZ.org. Myself I have 3 of 'em but currently have no desire to sell. These manifolds are oriented toward performance and will not pass emissions should your state have emissions laws but, of course, he,he, there are several ways around such little problems. Goodluck in your search. shane-

·
Premium Member
40,978 Posts
TWM is for Triples

It is not compatible with the stock EFI system.

·
Registered
120 Posts
TWM is for Triples

I know that. I assumed that they wanted something along that line. If they plan on sticking with the stock FI, extrude honing the stock manifold is the best way to go.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.