1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
haha speaking of that i watched a mopar stage 2 srt launch at light last night and all he did was spin his tires through the end of 2nd, he was moving, but not very fast, till he got traction and then he sped away

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
more Neon talk...how exciting!

Ballistic wrote that^^^^^

Post Edited (Jan 30, 11:22am)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
ahhhh come on mega, you know you want one

j/k

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
2003 Neon SRT-4's didn't have limited slip differentials. The only reason the Z won is that the Neon couldn't get traction off the line, and the Z cheated, oops, I mean sprayed, later.

Post Edited (Jan 29, 6:54am)

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
^^word. I really don't like nitrous, although i would like to use it someday at the track. But it wouldn't be right cause im usin NAWZ.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Why is it unfair? It seems to be a fair advantage to anyone who wishes to use it, same as adding performance exhaust or a turbo. Just another way to get power to the wheels.

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
You're in a foot race carrying a lead weight. A live bomb would be a lot lighter, and if your opponent had one you will probably lose. Does that make it okay to carry?

Basically I see it as cheating because it's so volatile. The unfairness comes in with the fact that those who are smarter will not (or cannot) use it because they want their car to survive. It's not an equal opportunity mod.

Post Edited (Jan 29, 8:24am)

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
i know quite a few people running nitrouse with no ill affects...granted it's not a slapped on dry setup.....but they gained LOTS of power and don't have ANY problems.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All that aside, I didnt think you could spray off the line!?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think its only cheating if the other guy doesnt have it.

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
Just a reminder...Ballistic posted that Neon remark on my PC.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Why would they both need it? In that case whenever two people race they need to compare mods and be sure all are the same. Nitrous is a mod like anything else, turbos are cheating

·
Registered
593 Posts
If it was unfair to have nitrous then unhook the nitrous, then take off the turbo, then race....nitrous is just as available to one person as it is to others. Its just like bolting on a turbo or supercharger. I have raced a stock srt4 first hand! and i will say, a STOCK NA, will pull 1 car length, or more, depending no driver, from a 20mph punch, 40, and 60! I did not race from a dead stop though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.