ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Do You know who Rebuilds Mass AirFlow meters For 82 turbo car And approx what the cost may be.
Thank You
Ron

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> Hello, Do You know who Rebuilds Mass AirFlow
> meters For 82 turbo car And approx what the
> cost may be.
> Thank You
> Ron
Ron, I recently had the chance to visit the A1 cardone reman facilities in Philadephia. I got to briefly talk to their head tech for electrical stuff like AFMs. He said that for an AFM to go bad that it would have to have severe corrosion inside the unit, or the air temp. sensor would have gone bad, or the wiper tracks that are inside the casing are a little worn, causing electrical dropouts as the wiper track moves in response to the passage of air from the flap opening. You can take these units apart by carefully removing the black cover and peering inside. Loosen the set screw holding down the wiper arm and move it just a hair. You can also test the electrical resistance of the temp sensor by clipping an ohmeter to the two connections that lead from the temp sensor(put the ohmeter on the lowest setting for ohms). Put your fingers on the sensor itself and if the sensor is good, you ohms will change in a progressive manner. If the air temp sensor is bad, buy another AFM as the temp sensor is a very expensive piece. Other than a general cleanup, AFMs don't usually go bad as they are fairly simple electrical devices. Good Luck! BTW, doing these procedures saves you about $300 on a remanufactured AFM.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Wiper are on AFM

I had my AFM apart and cleaned the resistance strips that the wiper arm rubs on. I noted a spot that had a bit more wear for about 1/16. What does loosening the screw and moving the wiper arm do? I have heard of loosening the spring on the flap a notch but not the wiper are.. Am curious and want to test these things on my partially bad AFM.. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.