ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had seen an add for a guy or company that makes speaker boxes for 280zx but I cant remember who or how much?

I am only thinking of the box for the back panel that holds 6x9's

Your help would be appreciated

· Registered
4 Posts
Hey thanks dude, I'll check into this Z specialties thing, but I'm attempting to create my own bass box for my Z with one aimed towards the windshield the other straight up, then throw the 6x9's in those little glove compartments behind the seats. If I can show you my ideas, or if I can find better ideas through friends I'll let you know.

· Registered
645 Posts
Re: Speakers behind the seats suck!!

Had speakers that way when I bought my 72. Can't really describe it other than even when cranked could never really hear the stereo right. Bought the MSA box and the sound is much, much better now although lacking somewhat in the low frequency range. Perhaps a sub in the wheel well would help.

· Registered
401 Posts
If you put 6x9's in those compartments behind the seats it will throw the sound staight up. I have the 6x9 box for the back panel it sounds great. The sound goes towards the front of the car. Also you don't need two subs, one 12 or even one 10 will be fine. In such a small car as the Z you don't need a lot of bass to be able to feel and hear it. By the way you can get the 6x9 box for 149.99 from motorsport 1-800-633-6331

Nate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.