ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 87' turbo back from the shop. I had my mechanic replace three fuel injectors because two were leaking and one stopped working. When I got the car back yesterday it drove great. Today, there doesn't seem to be that great of response from the throttle and also there is white smoke that comes out with the exhaust. Does anyone know what it could be? Did my mechanic do anythign? Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Does the car hesitate and lurch when you give it a lot of gas? White smoke is water and its unlikely that it's a headgasket if it was just in the shop. When I had this problem it was just water from sitting around. To fix that you just need to take it on the interstate for an hour and burn off all the condensation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it doesn't lurch. Just when you step on the gas, white smoke comes out and smells bad. I don't know. Any ideas?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Try "zero'ing" your computer by disconnecting the neg terminal of your battery for a few minutes. You may be dealing with some erronious (sp?)
timing information in the computer from the previous run data before your new injectors were installed.

·
Registered
505 Posts
As a suggestion, pull the vacuum hose off your vacuum modulator on the transmission (rt rear). It you see ATF in the vacuum hose end or on the modulator, the diaphragm on the modulator id cracked and you are sucking small amounts of ATF into the engine and burning it...Maybe the cause of the unexpected smoke?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well checked out the coolant level. It was lower than normal... and I ran the car with the cap off. After a few minutes it looked soapy. Cause?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, I still have compression, so could it still be a problem with the head gasket? I'm going to bring my car into the shop today and have them look at it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You've selected the new pope?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.