ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering the upgrade to white guage faces. R&B Z Pro in Canada offers the kit by mail order for $100. Wondering if anyone has seen it installed and what they might look like at night. What do you do with the needle..paint it black?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>I had some!</b>

My ole' buddy boost made some for me and they were cool. I painted the needle a bright orange and it was sharp. He might still make and sell these stickers. Give him a ring at
[email protected]

·
Registered
403 Posts
RE: I had some!

Remember, Steve Graber made some that he was giving away (just the .tif file mind you) but if you get it printed reversed on a transparency from a color laser printer (kinko's if you have no other way of getting this done) after you print them reversed, paint the back with white spray paint (R/C car body paint works excellent) flip em over and slap em on top of the old gauges. paint the needle orange and you're all set.

·
Registered
403 Posts
RE: Wierd.. my link didn't show up right

Hey Steve, What does Mr Washington charge for that dash? or is it only available as part of the whole VR kit?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried a quickie install of Steves' guage faces on an extra clock I had. EXCELLENT! I think the idea of printing them on the transparency should do the trick. Off to Kinkos tomorrow. Thanks Steve (and all) when done I send a photo and a token for the kitty, this must have taken you some time to figure out. I'm not to artistic so if I screw this up(dont see how) I'll drop yer bud a line Turbo. thx

·
Registered
403 Posts
One other suggestion is if you can find a transparency with a matte finish on the top side of the transparency (not the side you print on) and glossy on the side you print on, that would be the best as you could potentially get some glare off the glossy front side of the transparency (try an art supply store possibly)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.