ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just change the rear pinion differential seal and I changed the gear oil (RL 75-90w) while I was at it. I did the hose technique through the drivers side wheel well to fill till it ran out of the fill hole. I did the test drive and all is ok, driving to work today its still ok, but tonight comming home its wirrring big time. Anybody ever run across this before? Could I have put to much gear oil in?

Post Edited (Jan 11, 8:13pm)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
there should be a plug on the back/or side of the diff- i dont know where cause i havent messed with mine yet, but it should be there, unbolt the plug, if fluid comes out then its typically to full, if no fluid comes out stick your pinkey in there and find out the level. it should come flush with the plug opening.

hope that helps

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked it when I got home and its flush with the opening, which is what I understood it needs to be at. I have done some further investigating on it and I think that I am over by 1 pint or so at the fill level. Everthing that I have read before always said, "just fill it till it runs out the fill hole".

Post Edited (Jan 10, 1:00am)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been checking around and I am getting that my pinion gear preload is out of spec. Anybody have any experience with this kind of project?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.