ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to buy a z32 2+2. I want a 2+2 for sure. I am thinking of droping a TT into it. matched with a 5spd tranny...its gonna be a beast. Sleeper all the way. ive heard that it is not possible to put a TT engine into a 2+2. I was wondering if this is true. Also, between the years of 90 to 96, which year should I start with?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the setup different on the 2+2? Ive tired to find info on it, but it is near impossible! Japan made 2+2 TT, but never sold them in the US. :(

I will be doing all the labor myself. Im a car fanatic....so its one of my winter projects! :)

Post Edited (Jan 31, 1:37pm)

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
It's possible but it will cost money as all other types of 90-96 Z (coupe, convert).
The cost of doing a TT swap is $9k (parts and labor). Just want to let you know. There really is no difference in 90-96 Z that can affect the TT swap.

Post Edited (Jan 31, 1:37pm)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking around 5k, maybe 4k

-Engine ($1500)
-Tranny ($1500-2000)
-Misc. ($1000-1500)

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
That's around the right area, my advice is to buy a clip.. are you doing the work yourself?

Figure in quite a bit extra for things such as:
intercoolers and piping
ECU
wiring harness recommended
boost controller
New clutch/flywheel
*Possibly new/used turbos
Radiator
Recommend suspension upgrade

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will be doing the work myself. Buying a clip?...you mean the front portion of the car? right?

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Yes, the front portion of the car. A lot of places that sell the motor itself will also sell a complete front clip (from the dash to the front bumper). This saves you a lot of trouble, because you will get lots of the parts you'll need such as the intercoolers and piping. Also, you will be able to remove the motor, so you can be sure that none of the connectors or parts get broken or damaged upon removal. And, you'll have some spare parts to sell off as well (bumper, fenders, lights, dash parts, etc).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.