ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
79 280ZX base model, 80k miles (yes 80k, NOT 180), 2-owner, perfect interior, no rust, runs perfectly. Could use a new coat of paint though the original still looks good, new tires, and new emblems. Everything works. I'm thinking $3000.

OR

87 300ZX NA GLL package, 45k miles, 2-owner, near-perfect interior (leather seats have a couple of light surface cracks), no rust, runs perfectly. AC has been converted to R134, but seems to have a small leak somewhere. Everything works. Maybe $5000?

The 87 is my dad's baby. Parents are from N.O., so they lost a lot due to Katrina. He's giving me the 87 (which sat safely in a parking garage throughout the storm) 'cause he can't continue to baby it under the conditions they'll be facing and knows I'll enjoy it, but I can't keep both, and I'm giving him the money for whichever one I sell.

I'm truly torn because while the 300 is probably the better car, I love the 280's looks and it really runs perfectly as well. They're both VERY good Zs.

So...any advice/thoughts? I realize when I sell I'll need to post pictures and even more details, but just wanted to get some opinions on which way to go.

·
Registered
353 Posts
i love the 87-89 that had the facelift , and maybe you can make more money out of the 280 becuase of the low miles , i dunno buti don know that the 87 might be worth less not sure tho it has really low miles but its not a turbo and you didnt say if its auto or 5spd and also there might be more demand for the 280, its up to you i guess if you are really attached to the 280 then sell the 300 .just my 2 cents

my vote = keep the 300

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought a 350 because my 300 had high miles and I needed a daily driver---Figured, why sell the 300 when I know I wouldn't get much for it . . . I ended up keeping them both and drive the 300 more than the 350 go figure . . . .

·
Registered
364 Posts
Put them both up for sell, see which one gets a serious buyer first, that way you are sure to sell much quicker. Let fate decide which cars goes. But if it were me, since they are both N/A, I would keep the 280Z just because the inline sixes are just so wonderful. I have been wanting to get a 280 one day, but my 300ZXT is very fun also. I don't have the means to keep as many Z's as I would like. But like I said, either keep the 280 or let fate decide....or just form your own opinion and poppycocks to whatever I just said....lol...Later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.