ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find the faqs and need advice. 83zx wifes daily driver but want very good performance. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
305 Posts
> Can't find the faqs and need advice. 83zx
> wifes daily driver but want very good
> performance. Thanks for any help.

I recently put in KYB's all the way around and I was really satisfied. There was a significant difference in the way that the car sat and he way it picked itself up off of the line (I had worn-out Nissan's in before). I have never tried the Tokico personally; but, I know you can purchase KYB's at BAP/GEON Import Parts. Thats where I bought mine in Houston. I think they were about $210 for all four. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I have used both kinds on my Z first the KYB's on cut springs, then the Tokico's on the same springs and the difference was substantial. The Tokico's were much stiffer when I did quick corners or lane changes and as a side note; my indash CD player did not seem to mind either.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
> I have used both kinds on my Z first the
> KYB's on cut springs, then the Tokico's on
> the same springs and the difference was
> substantial. The Tokico's were much stiffer
> when I did quick corners or lane changes and
> as a side note; my indash CD player did not
> seem to mind either.

I have KYB on my Z, and am satisfied with ride and handling. Last year when I was replacing struts, I thought of going with other brands, but my mechanic (who has been working on Z's for over 25 years, and I trust his opinion - he's been my Z mechanic for many years.) advised he would go KYB because he has never seen one fail. But that's just an opinion for what it's worth, if it helps. z_ya_later

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I have Tokicos on my 78 and like them very much.
Call A.S.I. in San Diego at (619) 444-9766. I Think they do mail order. They also carry Konis Also.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put on tokico illuminas on my 83. Cheapest place I found them was RD ENTERPRISE. www.shox.com give them a call.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.