ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new front struts for my 81 zx. I want to go with kyb, tokico, or koni. I can get the koni's for about 35 bucks apiece while the kyb's and tokico's are around 50. Can anybody suggest which ones are the best. I am going to get standard non-adjustable struts as the adjustable ones are just too expensive. I want a fairly rigid ride, but not a bone-jarring one. Thanks

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Re: Konis on eBay

I would question the seller on how old the shocks are. When were they bought? If they are more than 3 years old, I would pass. The seals could be dry-rotted, ect.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
ebay Koni Warning

I agree with John, you don't want to buy shocks from eBay as a rule. They could be real old.

FREE ADVICE....

As a rule, don't buy anything on eBay that, if it failed, could cost you your life...

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: ebay Koni Warning

Don't worry, I don't plan on buying any from ebay. I found a place that has brand new Koni's for only 39 bucks. They also have eibach springs for 200 bucks, and I think I might get these too. I will go with the koni's if you all think they are good shocks, as they are the cheapest. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.