ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have seen the answer to this question before but if someone can tell me which sensor to check...air temp...thermotime...???? my 83' 280zx is running rich and I have tried everything fron new injectors to swithching the afm. I have seen post before that tell what sensors to check for this bu I can't find the posts.
oh yeah ...how to test them too.
any info will be very appreciated.
Thanks
-J-

· Registered
1,153 Posts
Re: which ones?? only the FSM knows!!!

Hey, you've been here long enough to know where to find the best answer to your question.

Get a Factory Service Manual. Really worth the investment, whatever you pay for it. Then you won't keep having to ask folks to look everything up for you.

Air temp and cyl head temp, as well as TPS and AFM are likely causes for this problem. Some report that blocked fuel return passages can also be to blame. Your FSM contains a complete list of suspects, as well as full testing procedures.

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

fist I do have fsm but was needing further input on exactly which sensors could be the culprit. but seem as though i shouldn't ask because I will be treated like im being lazy and dont want to look for my self. The reason I post here is to find out thing I cant find elsewhere. I have answered some stupid questions for people who just dont have any common sense to figure it out for themselves with out jumping all over them about it.
If you dont want to answer the questions on my post like a normal person then it's fine with me.

· Registered
1,153 Posts

If you already have a manual, then you are being lazy, and don't want to look it up. ****, you even asked what the test procedures were. Most people, in order to honor your "request" for help will have to pull out their manuals, and do the research to answer your questions.

Spend some time reading your manual. It will answer things like how fuel injection works. Then you can answer your own questions by flipping right to the relevent section.

You weren't asking something that hasn't been asked a gazillion times. Here is another top ten response for you. Check the archives. Chances are you wouldn't have to read through more than one or two of the gazillion posts to know what causes your particular symptom. Of course, so does your manual.

A good time to ask for help would be after you've run the tests in the manual, and still have the problem, or cannot understand the results. Otherwise, you just suck all the fun out of this for the rest of us. But don't act like someone that doesn't have the information. You had it, and still asked us to type it up for you. **** straight it makes me not want to answer your questions.

You might want to get rid of your 280ZX, since it's killing you.

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

well if you feel that way then don't answer any more infact i never asked for your input in the first place so unless i directly ask you a question dont bother to reply there are plenty of other people out ther willing to help just as i am willing to help them but i didnt ask for a smartass remark nor do i care to read another one of yours so if you have such a problem with typing an answer to my question then why the **** did you bother to type the follow up message ?
Sounds like someone has nothing better to do.
BTW the only reason my Z is killing me Is because I have to work my ass off to be able to give in to it's money habits.
No thanks for the advice.

· Registered
1,760 Posts
Sad to say, but I agree with Zuber... you have the manual. Perform the tests in the engine fuel section. Heres a hint: test the afm, cold start, water temp sensor, thermotime... all the info is in front of you.

· Registered
1,153 Posts

Looked at your previous posts. You were asking about this rich problem back then, asking about larger AFM/TB/MAFs.

Normally you should troubleshoot the existing equipment, making sure that everything is functioning properly. Then you take extreme measures and change the parameters of your system to correct the problem.

You seem to be doing things backwards. Just now getting around to checking your sensors, huh? And too lazy to even look it up yourself.

I hope you can increase your airflow greatly, and temporarily solve your rich issue. Then I hope somewhere down the line, you end up bumping one of your corroded connectors, or replace a sensor, and suddenly have a major LEAN problem.

Serves you right. If you can't see that your casual question just means work for someone else, you don't need a Z. YOU HAVE A MANUAL, and are still asking people to type up the test procedures for different sensors? Can you imagine if someone actually typed up all the stuff you wanted, and THEN found out you already had a manual? Pissed is an understatement. And don't worry, I won't hurt your feelings again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.