ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 240Z with modified L28 and 280ZX ignition and coil.I was wondering if swap from stock 280ZX coil to MSD will benefit my car.Also when i was looking i found two MSD Blaster 2 coil one is # 8203 includes coil,coil boot,terminal & a ballast resistor for use on stock type vehicles as well as ones equiped with MSD ignition system,and the other one # 8202 for MSD ignitions.So i suggest i need first one,right? Do i need to use ballast resistor with that coil? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
If you are running the ZX ignition module with the ZX coil, you shouldn't have a ballast resistor in there anyway. You would have removed it with the ZX installation. If you still have the ballast, you might want to remove it and connect the two wires together that were connected to it. (1 blk/wht, 1 grn/wht). You might improve operation enough to pass on the new coil!

·
Registered
572 Posts
I swapped an MSD6AL in at the same time as a blaster 2 - I was surprised at the difference. Worth considering (even though you have already got that 280ZX unit in there). I don't know that you'll see a big difference with just the coil, but if you remove the resistor and run the proper 12V, you should see some difference. It is a cheap mod and looks good so why not?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.