ZCar Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I have to say too, the Z32 has a classic styling that I think will hold up for many decades as a cool looking car - far more than the 350 & 370's.

The poor things just look bloated to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have both. the 300zx and a 350z. altho i just recently bought the 350z.
my plan was to make my 350z my daily driver and not modify it (much anyway)
but here are my opinions..
the 300zx i think has more potential for huge horse power. if you wanna get a car to mod and make unique, i think it is easier and cheaper than the 350z.

but for overall ride , reliability, economy, and feature and comfort my 350z is 15 years newer and it shows in every way. the newer technology makes the car much more practical as a daily driver and altho my 300zx has always been a reliable car it is getting on in years and that matters. particularly since i drive long distance alot and if something happens and i need to take the car to a shop for a repair they often dont know what they are looking at.
it doesnt help matters that my car origionally only came naturally aspirated and i converted it to a single turbo set up running 6lbs on a high compression engine. (it dynoed out at about 285) so the power is very similar to the TT but mine definitely has more torque lower than a stock TT.

fun to drive?? which one???
well my 300zx is a convertible, so that all depends on what time of year is it. if it wasnt i would lean towards the 350...

style??
i used to think it was hard to beat the 300zx.. and it is. i like both. the 300zx is a classic however. and should be regarded as such. i like it , but if i had to choose only one to drive me around it would be the 350..

·
Registered
570 Posts
The reliability of my Z32 has been the best of any Z car (or any car) I have owned in the last 41 years. In over 21 years and 170K miles, I have done 5 sets of front brakes, 1 set of rear brakes, 1 alternator, 1 clutch, 1 tune up, 5 sets of tires, 2 timing belts, and Mobil 1 oil changes. That is about it. Now, my 2004 BMW X3 cost me $14,000 in repairs before I dumped it in 2012, and there was still at least $3000 more wrong.

My Z32 is my daily driver during the warm months and I think it is a fabulous daily driver.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had both at the same time so could do back to back comparisons.

My conclusion: 350Z has tighter handling and is a lot quicker than my Z32 (but I'm comparing to my '90 Z32 *NA* - can't speak to a TT version).

Roominess goes to the Z32 but at just under 6' and bigger than I am tall (dammit - LAFF), I have problems in NEITHER.

I say go for which one appeals to you more. Opinions from any of us here are just that, OUR opinions. You're not buying it for one of us. (Although if you want to, I can make room for another one.) :grin

21 - 24 of 24 Posts