ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to figure out which BOV I shound get, or if I should get a recirc valve. The spec shop has HKS SSQV BLOW OFF VALVE for $199.95 but that seems a little steep. Also from what I understand to install it requires cutting a hole in the intake tubing and welding a flange onto it. Anyone who has experience with this please give me some ideas. And yes I searched the forum but I didn't find anything extremely useful. Mostly I just want to know which BOV to get, and the best way to install it. Also I need to know which POV's are good, and the best way to adjust them. I was thinking Greddy's POV. Much Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i have the turboxs type s. its got a nice sound, not loud at all. has sort of a air swooshing sound, not the chirping squeaking sound those hks ones make. of course its all pesonal preference. i took mine to a machine shop and had them cut the hole and weld the flange on. the rest you can do yourself. just plug the pov. you dont need to spend whatever it is for those greddy things. if you really want to keep it, you can modify your stock one to hold more boost. try searching more, its out there.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll look at the turboxs type s and some others. I know a guy that can weld really good, and my papaw has a lot of machining tools. Guess I'll be *whooshing* soon...lol

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
HKS SSQV here.....sounds great!

Just plug your POV with a 1" NPT pipe fitting from a local hardware store.

·
Registered
95 Posts
How bad is the bog on the z31 after the blow off valve dumps the boost? I have a friend with apexi bovs on his z32 tt. His bogs bad and will stall if ripped through a few gears without the gas being tapped after you reach the desired final gear.

·
Registered
248 Posts
thats how all BOV non-recir are..but I have the Turboxs type-S and it sounds awesome...pure air no chirping, like it a lot

·
Registered
65 Posts
mine does not recirc and it has never caused my engine to bog, stall or anything in the year that i've had it. the only difference is the boost kicks in quicker after shifting.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok then, where can I get a recirc valve that will fit my car? Also, do our cars have a 34mm intake pipe? Thanks.

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
if our cars had a 34mm intake pipe they would be sucking through a straw. think before you post.

you cut a hole with a hole saw, weld in the fitting, and bolt the sucker down, since you are recircing, you will need to add a fitting onto the black S pipe for the recirc hose.

BOV/recirc valves are utterly useless for the low boost application you are running. total waste of time. If you were running maybe over 12 psi you might start to get into the range, but our turbos spool so quickly it doesnt matter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.