ZCar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 72 240Z i'm swapping the transmission to a F4W71B manual 4 spd transmission. The housing is missing the extension top cover plate (32142-9000). I have had a hard time sourcing this part. Does anyone know a shop that rebuilds transmissions from salvage parts and may have a case with this hard to find part? I have tried sourcing it overseas, but none of the shops that have it listed claim the part is in stock.

InkedMissing Trans Plate_LI.jpg

·
Registered
161 Posts
Good luck. You might have to get creative with that, and re-purpose a locally sourced stop sign.

I'm guessing you've tried Z Car Source, Z Car Depot? There's also Z Man of Washington who posts here that may be able to offer some assistance. I just posted a link to a Z car "junkyard" here in Ga in another thread;

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have any idea if this part was just an access cover or of the large round button on the top is a breather? If I just cover it up, without a breather mechanism, will this cause damage to the trany?
Capture.JPG

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I have lots of those breather plates for your 4 speed. Just give me a call or send me an e-mail. I have lots of 4 speeds, early 5 speeds, shortened shift towers etc. I do have a question for you, all 72's came with that transmission. Did yours have a 5 speed in it? 360-668-2979. or [email protected] Be sure to let me know you use this forum for a better price.
Z man of Washington

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll reach out to you today.
I have a '72 that came with an automatic. I'm swapping to a 4 spd from a 280Z. Not sure what year the trany came out of, but it is a F4W71B, 4 spd transmission.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts