ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been told that the steering rack is bad on my '83 280ZXT (power steering). (Side question: what is best indication that is true, instead of just bad tie rod ends?).

I checked with Nissan, and they want $809 for original Nissan part. Advance Auto has one for $270! That seems a no-brainer, BUT!!!!

I know a lot of you do buy parts from Advance and other after-market suppliers. Also, a lot of you buy "experienced" parts.

Question is: would I be OK with the Advance part vs. original Nissan? Or should I try to find a used Datsun/Nissan part and take a chance it might not be better than the one I have now?

Appreciate your superior knowledge, AND help!

rancherjim

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hey Jim,
I would check ExpressAuto Parts just (Click Here)
They have a AutoSpecialty Reman for your car for $244.49 and the core is $73.08.

I have purchased from them and they provide excellent service and you get your part fast (3 days) because they ship from one of their nation wide warehouses that is closest to you. They are also fast at returning your core charge and provide the RMA with the part and a box with the return shipping.

I also know that AutoSpecialty is a excellent company. They are actually TRW and make some of the best parts around. I purchased a reman MAS from ExpressAuto and it is a excellent unit with a really good warrenty. I have had several Z mechanics tell me that they used to buy other MAS remans from other manufacturers and that TRW or AutoSpecialty is the only company that provides reliable working units every time. You can check out AutoSpecialty site just (Click Here) Hope this helps, just wanted to pass on a good source to you. I have had a few very bad deals with AdvanceAuto and will not deal with them again.
zbyter

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
i use the parts professionals at Big A auto parts.. hopefully you have one near you if not then i feel bad for you NAPA = crapa

·
Registered
10 Posts
New bushings, boots, tie-rod ends can all be found at your local Nissan parts. I've heard that new racks don't match the quality of the originals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.