ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ya I've done one before and if you don't have all the right tools it can be a pain (was even able to save the original eprom).

nissanzman: at this point you have very little to loose. Have someone who know what they are doing go over the soldering points for the chip. If it's a bad connection the ECU might be able to be saved otherwise try another ECU. The chips are VERY sensitive to power being applied in the wrong places so if the chip was installed backwards it's a safe bet it's toast.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
If the ROM what changed incorrectly (broken trace, wrong direction) then the ECU will be in limp mode. The check code function will not work and the engine will not rev past about 2K RPMs. Sounds like your friend toasted the ECU to me.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Is this the same friend who managed to bend the clutch fork arm by pulling on it with pliers while installing the manual transmission?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Z-CARR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is this the same friend who managed to bend the
> clutch fork arm by pulling on it with pliers while
> installing the manual transmission?

Either that, or he has more than one friend who is a complete moron.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Who's the bigger moron? The moron who breaks stuff or the moron that allows them to do it?

Heck, I don't even trust the guys at the tire place to put my lug nuts back on without close supervision. I have to watch them use a torque wrench. Fortunately I've found a place that is okay with me hanging out with them and talking cars while they change tires, do alignments, etc.

Tire and alignment guys are the only poeple (other than Brett and Tim) that ever work on my car.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
Z-CARR Wrote:

>
> Tire and alignment guys are the only poeple other
> (than Brett and Tim) that ever work on my car.

And the uplostery guy that did my leather seat covers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
haha yeah its the same one that bent the clutch fork, however, he does know how to saughter, he went to school for it, and as i was told by many ppl he did know what hes doing, he is the type of person however that likes to rig **** but im hopin he wasnt dumb enuf to try and rig an ecu, if i have enuf money i am going to try to buy a new ecu today, and hopefully anwsers my problems

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
nissanzman Wrote:
> haha yeah its the same one that bent the clutch
> fork, however, he does know how to saughter, he
> went to school for it, and as i was told by many
> ppl he did know what hes doing, he is the type of
> person however that likes to rig @#$%& but im
> hopin he wasnt dumb enuf to try and rig an ecu, if
> i have enuf money i am going to try to buy a new
> ecu today, and hopefully anwsers my problems

I read an article on brain surgery once... but I don't think I'd try it. (even though I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night)

You need new friends.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
nissanzman Wrote:
> haha yeah its the same one that bent the clutch
> fork, however, he does know how to saughter, he
> went to school for it, and as i was told by many
> ppl he did know what hes doing, he is the type of
> person however that likes to rig @#$%& but im
> hopin he wasnt dumb enuf to try and rig an ecu, if
> i have enuf money i am going to try to buy a new
> ecu today, and hopefully anwsers my problems

Hopefully he has at least the ability to spell 'solder', which you apparently dont.

If he screwed up the ECU, its because he did a poor job soldering/desoldering the EPROM.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
u should go to school to be an english teacher instead of sitting on here critizing other peoples mistakes, i read some other forms and noticed im not the only one u got something to say too.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
nissanzman Wrote:
> u should go to school to be an english teacher
> instead of sitting on here critizing other peoples
> mistakes, i read some other forms and noticed im
> not the only one u got something to say too.

What, does that make you not feel special? Don't cry to hard about it.

If you also look at my post history here and everywhere else, I can also be extremely helpful to those who deserve it.

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Well what was your first clue Napoleon? You saw in the respones how to spell solder right...eveyone else has the problem with english but you???

If it wants the beatings to stop, it needs to stop posting.

Here's a big problem i have with your posting. Everyone tells you multiple times to run the ECU codes and after you ignore it the first hundred times you finally come back with, "my friend says nothing happens." YOU SHOULD BE DOING IT, ITS THE ONLY WAY YOU LEARN

If your friend told me the sky was blue i'd go out and mufuggin check.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
well i got the new ecu & installed it, so to those who bared with me and had patients, i thank u, it was the computer, only problem now is an exhaust leak, but it has its power back, again thank u, sorry i was sucha a bother to some of u.

·
Registered
203 Posts
well honestly im being serious ill give u some help. u said u shut the doors and smelled gas? well first shut all the doors again, and let it fill with the fumes. then what you can do to detect the source of the problem is lay on the floor and look for the disinfecting/distilling mechanisim. it should be by the oil pan, once you spend 15 minutes finding the oil pan find the mechveranisim. after youve been in the garage for about 30 minutes(with the fumes) you will forget all about the car and feel verrrrrrrryyyyy happy. problem solved

81 - 100 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.