ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
If nothing happened when you ran the codes then you either did it wrong or didn't really do it at all. You did look at the CEL on the dash for the series of blinks, right?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Good luck finding someone who isn't irritated by you questions by now...

Also, for anyone considering helping this guy out, what makes this worse is he is trying to 'flip' this car, not trying to enjoy it. So its not like you are even helping out a 'fellow Z owner', you would be helping someone trying to scam a future Z owner out of money in exchange for his crappy work.

·
Registered
780 Posts
your friend installing the chip is a good bit of information to know, and had you tried to run the codes along time ago, we would have been able to tell you to check the chip to make sure it is installed correctly.

Everyone didn't tell you to run the codes first for their health.

-Jason

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
What kills me too is some of the conflicting information this guy is shoveling out. In an earlier post in this thread (and other threads too I think) he has stated that he has little or no knowlege of mechanics (which he spells wrong). However, at other times he states that he is used to working on American cars.

Although I am amused tha this thread might very well be going for the record high number of responses... JT was right when he said to start ignoring him.

I'm going to have all the fun that I can squeeze out of this thread and then I'm done with him. He'll undoubtedly start another thread asking the same questions, but I will do my best to be strong and resist the temptation of putting in my $0.02 next time.

I still want to go take his Z from him.

·
Registered
575 Posts
What do you mean by "the computer did nothing" when checking the codes? Stop trying to cover every issue at once. To troubleshoot anything effectively you cannot use the shot gun method. You have to tackle one issue at a time. Everyone else on here sees you as being a troll, someone that brings up problems that aren't real to drive everyone crazy, if you are not a troll, then slow down and fix one issue at a time. Take photos of what you are working on, so we can see what you are talking about.

So to fix your problem we need to know if the ECU is reporting any errors or not. This is the first step to troubleshooting a Z32. Once we get the results then the next steps can be laid out, if you haven't worn out your welcome here.

The ECU should have shown you something, flashed 55, at the least, if there are no problems it's seeing. If it did nothing, no flashing of the LED, then you may have messed up the ECU with the JWT chip upgrade. This will need to be resolved first before anything else can be done to your car.

It's up to you now if you really want help!

Best regards,

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
ErickGz32TT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> The ECU should have shown you something, flashed
> 55, at the least, if there are no problems it's
> seeing. If it did nothing, no flashing of the
> LED, then you may have messed up the ECU with the
> JWT chip upgrade.

That would be a shock.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Z-CARR Wrote:
> ErickGz32TT Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > The ECU should have shown you something,
> flashed
> > 55, at the least, if there are no problems it's
> > seeing. If it did nothing, no flashing of the
> > LED, then you may have messed up the ECU with
> the
> > JWT chip upgrade.
>
>
> That would be a shock.

*Applause* Someone had better start giving out stock tips, pronto ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
my buddy tried three times, to check the codes, thats why i threw out there after installing that chip, the fan turned on before the car did so im really worried he messed it up, only reason i had faith in it is because the car does start i figured if u messed something that big up, it wouldnt turn over, if thats my problem i dont even know where to start because that jim wolf chip was saughtered in there, and as much as this is going to make everyone laugh, he is sitting in jail right now, so im screwed, however, on the dash, there is a yellow blinking square light, and for the person mad about me selling the car, i would keep it if there wasnt so many problems, but i cant afford it, they are great cars, but all their parts are extrememly expensive

·
Registered
575 Posts
The yellow blinking light... Does it have the symbol of an engine on it? Check Engine Light.

As for the possibility the ECU is broken, get a used stock one either eBay or craigslist or on Twinturbo.net classifieds. Replace it with one that is working and proceed with the troubleshooting. Are you in highschool or college? If so, a Z32 is not the car for you, as you pointed out, they can be expensive. Provide pictures of your car too.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Erick: He is trying to 'flip' this car for a profit, not own it. He stated from the beginning that was his intention.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
the check engine light is on, as well as wen u turn the key over there is a box before it that lights up and blinks in yellow, i unplugged the mass air flow sensor and it seemed as tho the rmps went up quicker, but wasnt any faster on the road, and the idle was still wrong

·
Registered
575 Posts
I know... I was giving him the last shot he has for redemption with this post. If he really wanted help he would slow down and tackle this thing one issue at a time. From the response he gave above I think he is a troll and doesn't really want our help at all. That is why I asked for photos, proof of purchase, if you will.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
really? please show me where i claimed to have a twin turbo, considering those were my plans for the N/A that i have, before i dumped $4000 grand in it and it still doesnt run correctly, maybe u should try reading posts and take ur own advise? huh?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
nissanzman Wrote:
> really? please show me where i claimed to have a
> twin turbo, considering those were my plans for
> the N/A that i have, before i dumped $4000 grand
> in it and it still doesnt run correctly, maybe u
> should try reading posts and take ur own advise?
> huh?

It is spelled 'your' and 'advice'.

NVM on the TT thing, I Must have been thinking of someone else.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
dude i aint here for spelling grammer classes, i came here for help in the first place, this is the first time in my life i even used a tread, so wen i opened another one i directed it to someone who was willing to help me, different people, meaning it wasnt adressed to u and z addict and everyone else that got pissed the first day i was on here, i am here for help, not being made a joke out of, since my first thread, i have checked injectors, changed rad hoses, checked mass air flow, put a new exhaust on, painted the car, changed transmissions, slave cylinder, installed clutch peddals, and wutever else, its not a matter of me being lazy as is not understanding, my friend tried running the codes as i said i am not at all electrical inclined, according to him, nothing happened, i reported that back as i was suppose to, i am doing what i can, and in the mean time asking for different advise and suggestions on easy steps to take that could lead to my problem, i realize it may not be easy, but thats what i am trying to work on first, i dont need your comments and everyone else that gets cocky cuz they know more than the next person, so again, my questions are to people that would like to help me, those who dont, quit replaying to my threads

41 - 60 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.