ZCar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am changing out my valve stem seals which are a pain in the butt, I am following this video tutorial
, and I was trying to put the retainers back on the valve closest to the firewall when it fell off into the corner. I was absolutely devastated to see there is a hole right there and the retainer no where in sight. Does anyone know if this goes straight to the oil pan? Or would I have to, by some miracle, fish it out.
Also, if anyone knows of some tips to get the retainers in it would be much appreciated, it took me 3 hours to do my first one.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Rim Gas Auto part
Fluid Automotive tire Plumbing fixture Rim Plumbing
Household hardware Nickel Gas Wood Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I dont recall it difficult to do. What kind of valve spring compressor are you using? I remember just setting them in one at a time, maybe having to rotate around with a pick, then slowly releasing the valve spring, give them a slight tap to make sure seated. I dont recall danger areas like a hole in the head other than the large opening where the TC goes, which should be sfuffed with a rag as a precaution.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont recall it difficult to do. What kind of valve spring compressor are you using? I remember just setting them in one at a time, maybe having to rotate around with a pick, then slowly releasing the valve spring, give them a slight tap to make sure seated. I dont recall danger areas like a hole in the head other than the large opening where the TC goes, which should be sfuffed with a rag as a precaution.
I am using this spring compressor, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083DPQQ71/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, I should probably get a pick to move the the retainers easily. I know I should cover the timing chain hole but I didnt know about the one in the back of the engine. My main problem getting the second retainer in, I think I got the method down after the first one I did but this second one there is even less room being at the back of the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts