ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that my car (79' 280zx) was in some sort of accident before I purchased it. I knew that the headlight buckets were cracked (minor damage, and the headlight assembly's were all messed up. So I got new buckets and assembly's and only a few of the bolt holes line up. On the driver side the bolts only line up on the three integrated bolts. Is it hard to change the front rail (is it possible without welding?)

·
Registered
613 Posts
No not too hard to do the frame rails, i replaced both of mine on my 81 280zx. Its not too hard to change the frame rail, but you iwll need a welder, welding is not an option to skip when it comes to the frame. I reccomend a mig welder, since it is easier to use, a gas welder requires more skill. Make sure you remove the interior, so carpet and tar where you are working, if you don't, watch it light up hehe. For the rookie (if this applies) use 3 people, welder, assistant for welder, and waterboy. Waterboy watching inside for falmes, it can happen, and assistant watches the underside. If you have a question about what the welder does you should not even try this operation yourself. j/k

Emir

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.