ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know? I've been asking around and no one seems to know, I can't even imagine how much of a nightmare importing one would be.

need....to....do...TT....swap....

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
not in canada i dont, but you might want to give nyx, or z1 a call and see what they can do.

also try jarcoinc.com, they will go to japan,cut you a clip, and send it directly to you not a shop somewhere then to you.

also jarco will send you a film clip of the car they cut in half while running and while they cut it in half and finally as it gets packaged to ship. its a very good company to go with. ive had several friends have more than just good luck with them- one paid for a clip, and recieved another tranny and jspec taillights for free due to what he was doing and jarco didnt want to ship them separtly-oh he got the tranny and tails for free.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks SSM, this helps! any idea what this cost your friends?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
the one that got the free stuff bought his for 2300 shipped to his door 2 years ago. that was a celica alltrac clip.

one friend bought a blacktop sr20 clip and paid a lil over 3 for it and another friend had to wait but got a ztt from them for 2500.

imho they are about the best cause they deal fair, i mean if you buy a clip with a auto tranny but are swapping to a 5speed they will do what ever it takes to get it done.thats how my friend got the tranny, the clip came with a awd tranny but he didnt want that and told them exactly what he was doing and they called him and said dont worry about it we have you a tranny and its being shipped with the clip, my friend said well how much, and they said dont worry about just make sure you tell your buds in the states.

jarco goes to japan i think once a month or every 6 weeks, they dont have a price on the website for the ztt, but they can get it w/o probs.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome!

the best advertising is by word of mouth, it's trustworthy!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can get you a complete TT Fairlady for under $5,000 landed in Vancouver, it's much easier than doing a swap..........

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I'd say check out <http://www.gtrcanada.com> and look at the sponsor list on the main page. They all specialize in importing JDM cars into Canada (most Nissans, specially R32 GT-R's), and shoot them an e-mail about front clips.

... or just read the reply below...

Post Edited (Jan 6, 5:25pm)

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
LOL... Umm.. as far as I'm aware, there are MANY importers in Canada. From what I understand it's very easy.

Try Terra2Imports. http://www.terra2imports.ca/

Where in CA are you? Check out http://www.604z.com

It's a local(vancouver area code 604) "zed" group, however they have some guys from the island, inland, and some of us PNW Washington members on the site.

Another good site to check out is Northwest Nissans. There are a ton of Vancouver members there, and Terra2Imports even sponsors the site.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm in Ontario, I wont want a JDM z because a RHD + left hand turns = write my car off now.

I've found a lot of imported engines and drivetrains, but no place I've spoken to so far does half-cuts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks Japan, I'll keep you in mind when the time comes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.