ZCar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1975 280Z 2+2 4 speed
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find a fuel pump relay for a 1975 280Z with L-tonic fuel injection ? It says a JECS A13-000-002 but who is JECS and is any of their electronic creations still exist ? I'm out of ideas for this part. There is one on Ebay for $100 but I'm not sure it fits my 75 ? How do you guys deal with 50 year old electronics ?

Thank you,

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
1st confirm its bad. Relay may be just need contacts cleaned up. I am guessing it can be opened and inspected. Other than that, keep an eye open on places like ebay, buy spare parts when you see a good deal.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Oops Botched that one

But to answer your question Tango, attached above is the correct direct replacement EFI Main/FP Relay!
Yes Dave M is correct in that you can and I have pulled out the EFI M/FP Relay opened her up and dressed both sets of contacts with great success. My last post has a few tips and tricks on doing exactly this very task. My EFI M/ FP Relay was done gone DOA. I tested the EFIharness ECU exactly to and in accordance with the FSM all circuits and had determined it was the EFI M/FP Relay. So I’m running the OEM JECS Relay and keeping the BOSCH piece as my backup
Steve is correct in that I described the JECS EFI Main/Fuel Pump Relay (P/N: A13-000 001) installed on a 75 - and on late 77 (7/77) Calif and Non-Calif US models.

My apologies I should have read the OP more carefully. Just wanting to help a fellow owner, I gave the wrong advice which wasn’t exactly useful or applicable. Hey, the information is out there now in the ether for anyone else to read (search for) so they can remove, and repair their own OEM EFI Main/Fuel Pump Relay to get or keep another S30 going down the road or at least another possible method for troubleshooting a driveability issue.

I’m not exactly sure when the new add-on EFI/ FP Relay circuit configuration was incorporated. Datsun part date coding to the nearest month notwithstanding. Although a fun factiod; there were actually qty (4) S30 260Zs shipped in late 74 w/ EFI! Yup a 260Z w/o the flattop boat anchors, go figure? Mr K doing his marketing survey I suppose?

And yes the aforementioned BOSCH EFI Main/ Fuel Pump Relay (P/N: 0 332 514 120) is a direct replacement that’s readily available for the early 75-77 JECS Relay noted above if your Relay is Inop and or contacts fried beyond the point of refurbishment due to arcing.

Cheers
Kevin

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Yes sir!
I’m just going to say that you will do well to maintain your O.E Relay while still retaining originality.

I absolutely love the troubleshooting process and take great pride in fixing the issue or isolation of the root cause! Hey in some cases these parts have given us a full service life and need to be replaced when it’s time to replace them with the very best or better equivalent. Going full standalone, notwithstanding which is just as cool 😎 too, but I think it’s just as gratifying to keep and maintain the original parts as they were designed in fully restored and as new as possible. So few Z’s are still factory stock.

Sorry I just have to ask?

Have you checked out your EFI in accordance with the FSM EF Section for troubleshooting the system? There’s an extensive list of continuity checks and various voltages measurements for evaluating the system.

What indication are you getting that the EFI M/FP Relay is discrepant?

No voltage to or at the Fuel Pump?

If you need help getting access to the 75 FSM let us know!

Cheers
Kevin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where can I find a fuel pump relay for a 1975 280Z with L-tonic fuel injection ? It says a JECS A13-000-002 but who is JECS and is any of their electronic creations still exist ? I'm out of ideas for this part. There is one on Ebay for $100 but I'm not sure it fits my 75 ? How do you guys deal with 50 year old electronics ?

Thank you,
Any relay that has same layout/specs is fine. Easily adapted. Little homework and youll be fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes sir!
I’m just going to say that you will do well to maintain your O.E Relay while still retaining originality.

I absolutely love the troubleshooting process and take great pride in fixing the issue or isolation of the root cause! Hey in some cases these parts have given us a full service life and need to be then it’s time to replace them with the very best or better equivalent. Going full standalone, notwithstanding which is just as cool 😎 too, but I think it’s just as gratifying to keep and maintain the original parts as they were designed in fully restored and as new as possible. So few Z’s are still factory stock.

Sorry I just have to ask?

Have you checked out your EFI in accordance with the FSM EF Section for troubleshooting the system? There’s an extensive list of continuity checks and various voltages measurements for evaluating the system.

What indication are you getting that the EFI M/FP Relay is discrepant?

No voltage to or at the Fuel Pump?

If you need help getting access to the 75 FSM let us know!

Cheers
Kevin
As a master mechanic with 40 years experience my heart goes out to the people bumbling along on these threads it really does.

My best advice across the border get some basic theory education on how these things work at the group level, and as the comment above states going back to root cause analysis. So many of these threads are sad to read

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thank you,
I have new one "Bosch" 0332514120.

**Edited by Mod

·
Registered
46 Posts

Thank you,
I just bought one nos on eBay. I also replaced the fuel pump relay. I paid about 80 for all three.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thank you,
There is a place in fort worth closing his import auto parts store , he has a lot of new z car parts 817-737-3171

·
Administrator
1983 280ZX Turbo
2,340 Posts
If you call the number above, let us know what you find out. He has offered two parts right after joining, and he fits the pattern of a scammer.

Under no circumstances pay money until you have parts in your hand.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Fury Pilot, that's good info however you just bought relays for a 78 z and they ONLY work on a 78. Tango#2020 has a 75 z and needs the Bosch plastic housed relay that was referred to earlier. Tango, that relay is a direct replacement part and doesn't need any mods to install, just plug it in. All 75-77 z's use that one relay for all the functions for the EFI. In 78 they went to the 3 separate units. I usually carry the relay for the 75-77 in stock. Z man of Washington

1 - 16 of 16 Posts