ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen tons of Z's with Black mesh wheels. A chrome ring on the outside. Can anybody help with what kind they're and how I can get my hands on some.

·
Registered
316 Posts
lots of makers

> I've seen tons of Z's with Black mesh
> wheels. A chrome ring on the outside. Can
> anybody help with what kind they're and how
> I can get my hands on some.

My set is by American Racing, but I've seen the same type wheels from several different manufacturers.

You probably haven't seen any in magazines, etc, because it isn't a very popular wheel style at the moment. I really hate some of the newer styles of wheels. 16-19 inch rims with stupid chrome fangs and talons, etc. Gimme a break.

The black mesh with the chrome or polished aluminum outer ring is a classic.

good luck finding a nice set.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Enkeii wheels

> My set is by American Racing, but I've seen
> the same type wheels from several different
> manufacturers.

> You probably haven't seen any in magazines,
> etc, because it isn't a very popular wheel
> style at the moment. I really hate some of
> the newer styles of wheels. 16-19 inch rims
> with stupid chrome fangs and talons, etc.
> Gimme a break.

> The black mesh with the chrome or polished
> aluminum outer ring is a classic.

> good luck finding a nice set.

Enkeii makes these wheels, if you check out some mail order places they can get them for you.

Have fun

·
Registered
195 Posts

Mine are the 14x8's, made by Enkie. Unfortunatly, they don't make them anymore. I've had people offer me over $200 per wheel. I'll never part witht hem though.

I love the way the wheels look on the cars. I got lucky, and the wheels were on the car when I boght it. I know 3 guys who have Grand Nationals, who also have the wheels.

You can see the wheels on my car, in the top left hand corner of your screen as we speek. I've got the featured car of the month, for nov.

Good luck on finding a set, yhou have quite a task ahead of you. From what I understand, there aren't anymore company's making them.

Chris Behney

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

i have a set of gold enkei's like your talking about.

i got mine from a z-shop he had an old 240 with them on it i traded him a set of '78 z hubcaps that i had laying around,i'm sure if you look in salvage yards and used wheel outlets your bound to get what you want...be frugal...try not to pay more than 100.00 for a set most places will sell them just to get the cash.

good luck
mike e

·
Registered
72 Posts
Good luck finding some. The only one's I know of that are still available are made by Ultra. They are a two piece version of the style you are talking about (rivets around the outer edge where the rim meets the basket). They are available in gold or silver but not black. They can be had in 15's or 16's for about $600 set. Check with your local distributors to see who handles Ultra and they can special order them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.