ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone recommend some good wheels for a 1972 240Z? looking for the classic slotted mag or classic 5 spoke style, 14 inch, 4 bolt

i don't know about the quality, but for styling i like the american racing torq thrust d or the american racing ar-200, but they are only offered in a 5 bolt pattern.

thanks in advance for any suggestions,
James.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Re: wheels, and a new question

Check out Panasports. They aren't sloted or anything, but they are a classic design found on many racing Z's in the past, available in 14 thru 16 for the Z. I think they look killer. I'm either getting those or BBS style when I can.
Here's a link to Panasports: www.panasport.com
Another brand similar to Panasports is Minilights.

PS: Anybody know the brand name of the wheels on the 1999 Z Car Calender. It's the red 240 (500hp turbo) on the cover and the last page. It's not the Z Car Mag. calender, but the other one form Canada.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Re: wheels, and a new question

> Check out Panasports. They aren't sloted or
> anything, but they are a classic design
> found on many racing Z's in the past,
> available in 14 thru 16 for the Z. I think
> they look killer. I'm either getting those
> or BBS style when I can.
> Here's a link to Panasports:
> www.panasport.com
> Another brand similar to Panasports is
> Minilights.

> PS: Anybody know the brand name of the
> wheels on the 1999 Z Car Calender. It's the
> red 240 (500hp turbo) on the cover and the
> last page. It's not the Z Car Mag. calender,
> but the other one form Canada.
I think they are called Racing Hart TypeC2.There are lots of copycats of this style wheels.I like this kind of wheels too,They look very,very good on Z cars.I plan on putting 17 inch Volk Racing,VolkIII on my 280zxt this summer when I sell my truck.Check out this web site on Volk Racing <A HREF=http://www.mackinindustries.com/Rays/wheels/volk3.html>http://www.mackinindustries.com/Rays/wheels/volk3.html</A>
These Wheels are VERY Expensive!!And light weight.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Z racing

I don't know if any of you guys seen this before but have you seen a brand called Z racing? I think they sell em at Sear's or something but I was just wondering are those any good:) cause they have a Z on em lol
Zya Later
Yuichi

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Re: Z racing

Z racing wheels are a pretty decent budget wheel. They are made in China, but they seem to be fairly good quality. I've sold several sets and don't run into many problems. I don't think any of them fit Z's, but I keep all the Z-Racing emlems that I can get my hands on. You can order them seperately from the wheel, too. The newer style wheels (style 42) are even better quality than the older ones (outlaw II) because they are produced by newer equipment.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> can anyone recommend some good wheels for a
> 1972 240Z? looking for the classic slotted
> mag or classic 5 spoke style, 14 inch, 4
> bolt

> i don't know about the quality, but for
> styling i like the american racing torq
> thrust d or the american racing ar-200, but
> they are only offered in a 5 bolt pattern.

> thanks in advance for any suggestions,
> James.
James
I upgraded to the toyota calipers on my 78z and needed wheels that would have enough clearance for the 4 piston calipers,
I called Motorsport Auto (1-800-631 6331).
Bought the Panasport Formula wheels. $175.00 each
They fit with plenty of clearance for the larger calipers and I really like the looks of them.
Of course wheels are one of those matter of opinion things as far as looks are concerned.
I wanted to get close to the stock look but rthere is not much out there in 4 bolt as you probably know.
Good luck-----------------------------------------------------------------Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.