Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have checked the wheel guide thats floating around, but I don't find it particularly helpful in my situation. It is a very good source of information, but I might suggest adding a section that breaks the wheels down into which bolt pattern each wheel is for. I looking through most of the cars posted and they all seem to be 5 bolt wheels.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some aftermarket wheels I could get for my Z that would fit the 1985 300zx NA 4 lug pattern.

Is there any hope or will I have to change hubs to get any decent wheels?

Thanks for your help,
Bob

·
Registered
91 Posts
go over to az_bum's site.

He has the procedure for changing your hubs out to 5 lug pattern.
Otherwise, you really have no options unless you buy adapters from modernmotorsport.com or some other vendor that will let you use honda rims.

good luck Bob.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
A friend of mine just swapped all 4 hubs off a 84 turbo onto his 84 na. He said it was all a bolt on. It gave him a whole lot more to choose from. I imagine an 86 set of hubs would also bolt on.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
? Could you get the 84-85 wheels in 16s 5 lug?

·
Registered
160 Posts
There are a ton of wheels that will fit. You dont need to go through the hastle of switching your hubs to 5 bolt. You will need to get wheel adapters to push the aftermarket rims out so they dont look stupid. Just about any rim with a 4X114.3 bolt pattern will work on your car. I have Koenig Imagine 17x7 and they look great. the offset is 38mm on those.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Author: ThxZ
Date: May 8, 5:27pm

There are a ton of wheels that will fit. You dont need to go through the hastle of switching your hubs to 5 bolt. You will need to get wheel adapters to push the aftermarket rims out so they dont look stupid. Just about any rim with a 4X114.3 bolt pattern will work on your car. I have Koenig Imagine 17x7 and they look great. the offset is 38mm on those.

You got pic(s)? Do I have you in WheelShow??

http://www.84ae.com/wheelshow/

·
Registered
160 Posts
I dont have pics yet. I am in the middle of a turbo conversion which is taking all my time. I plan on posting pics when I finish the conversion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.