ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's finally time to replace the tires on my 99 z71 silverado. I've been doing some checking around and the best deal I've been able to find is about 450$ through my next door neighbor. 245/75/16 Daytons? He gets some kind of deal as he works at Firestone. I was wondering if anybody on here knew of any good Wheel/Tire packages if I'm gonna be throwing down some ducats anyway. It'd be cool to get some nice aftermarket wheels if I didn't have to come up with double or triple the cash. Though I'd kinda like to keep things functional as I do find myself in need of the 4WD on occasion (mostly snow). Anybody got any good ideas?

Also.. the Z is still at MWS. Michael thinks that when the injectors were installed, they must have messed up somewhere as he couldn't start it when it was cold the other day and he smelled straight gas from the exhaust (remember the shooting flames?). So, he's tearing into the injectors to see if the lower orings were installed incorrectly. I should be hearing from him tomorrow for a progress report.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
so you're getting wheels and tires for 450?!!! I got good tires for my 98 F-150 for $360+about 30 bucks install, that includes shipping to my front door. I got them from a tire shop in Florida who sells online (255/70/16) Firestone Destination LE's. Supposedly outstanding tire wear. They get great traction, surprisingly good wet weather performance, and are really quiet! Just a thought for tire options.

Post Edited (Jan 31, 7:06pm)

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
No, he's just getting the tires for $450.
He wants to know if anyone knows of a good place to get a wheel/tire package for his 4WD truck.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
arent daytons the one you see on low riders? if they are i wouldnt put them on a 4x4 but thats just me.

as for wheel and tire packages, discounttiredirect.com,wheelmax.com,tirerack.com, theres more but i cant remember off my head

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well.. I talked to Michael today. He swapped out my injector harness plugs, but hasn't had a chance to get to the injectors. <sigh> He said hopefully Sat or Mon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.