ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, I ran accross the deal of a life time.

I was looking in a local junkyard, for interior parts, when something caught my eye. The guy had a new Z on the lot. An '83 Turbo. Fresh paint, recent engine, and 15 inch Turbo rims. Well, the car was wrecked up front and the engine sustained a little damage, but I wasnted the wheels.

The guy said, "$125, for wheels and tires." I told him I would give him $100 cash, right now. He thought it over for a minute, and reluctantly said, "Well, I guess."

So, the deal was done, and I now run on a set of 15 inch rims, with 205 BFG's up front and 215 Yokohamas in the back. Best $100 I've ever spent. The wheels are super clean and have been taken care of. One of them has a slight spot, where someone pulled up next to a curb, but nothing noticable. The tires are pretty fresh, and still grip relativly well.

I'm gonna have the complete wheel chromed, and then paint the interior grooves an emrald green. Can't wait.

Just for grins, I called Nissan, and asked how much they wanted for a set of these wheels. $281 a piece!! Holy cow, these guys are nucking futs!

Chris Behney
President
Redline Autosports

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.