ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has come to my attention that the only way to get wheels with the following specs. onto my 72' 240z is to buy wheel spacers. Here are are the specs:

size: 15x5.5
bolt pattern: 4 on 130mm
offset: +20mm
center bore: 88.9mm
cap: 3029-06

I was referred to someone named John W at ([email protected]) who makes spacers. He said he can make me spacers and the cost will be 200$. Is this a reasonable price, and are spacers safe to use (someone mentioned losing a wheel at highway speeds)? I have heard that some people on zcar.com have bought from him and if anyone can tell me about that experience I would appreciate it.

thanks,
daniel

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I would have my doubts whether the spacer can be made. First of all, the wheel is only 5.5" wide? That's narrower than factory wheels. But the Z factory wheels are a +10 offset in either 14x6 or 15x6, and they run a 4x114.3 bolt pattern. I wouldn't have a big problem with the wheel offset, +20 is easy to compensate for, but to change the bolt pattern too? Too strange for me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
go 5 lug instead

instead of spending money on that kind of oddball spacer/adapter i would suggest looking into a 5 lug conversion. you will end up with larger front brakes and a world wide selection of rim choices ...

as the pattern done is ford... = nissan= toyota=nsx=rx7 far more selection than the old nissan 4 bolt.

·
Registered
58 Posts
72-z wrote:
>
> It has come to my attention that the only way to get wheels
> with the following specs. onto my 72' 240z is to buy wheel
> spacers. Here are are the specs:
>
>
> size: 15x5.5
> bolt pattern: 4 on 130mm
> offset: +20mm
> center bore: 88.9mm
> cap: 3029-06
>
> I was referred to someone named John W at ([email protected])
> who makes spacers. He said he can make me spacers and the
> cost will be 200$. Is this a reasonable price, and are
> spacers safe to use (someone mentioned losing a wheel at
> highway speeds)? I have heard that some people on zcar.com
> have bought from him and if anyone can tell me about that
> experience I would appreciate it.
>
> thanks,
> daniel

·
Registered
58 Posts
Daniel,

Sorry about that. I went to check my new password, and somehow
your original message went through. Anyway, I have 4 on 100mm
spacers using 195/50 15 on a 15x7 wheel since '98 with no problems. I chose that particular lug pattern to have a much larger selection of rims that all the front-drive cars have access to. I have driven the car as a daily driver on two-lane, twisty, pot-hole laden roads with absolutely no problems. I paid
$60 a spacer back in '98, so $200 for the set sounds pretty good.
I am going to be getting 215/45 17's on a 17x7 soon.

let me know if you have any questions

Evander

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.