ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tim, For example, I have a buddy that had a set of 5 spoke rims. The spoke part of the wheel is flat with the outer rim. The offset is achieved by "shimming the hub" twoards the rear of the rim. On a wheel set up like this, I would think that the shim wouldnt make any difference in the bearing load, because with this specific wheel, it seems that no matter what the application, the center is connected to the rim in the same place. Sorry if i dont make sense. Is this sound reasoning?? Plese fill me in.

Thanks- Evan

PS the recaros are really comfy after i had the drivers side frame welded and recovered! thanks for the deal dude!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Places like discount tire can order machined billet adaptors that will take up the space and are much more structurally sound than just using spacers. They're about 100/axle so they're not terribly expensive.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Evan, I think I asked the same question but it took me 500 words, maybe you and I agree this will sum it up. if you take a 3.5" positive offset rim and welded a 3.5" spacer to the inside face of the rim, wouldn't you have a zero offset rim? (with a really fat face),(and really long lugs)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Goddam, someone agrees!!

Shooz, that is exactly what I think and from what ive seen on rims that is sound reasoning! Thanks for replying I thought i was the only one who thought that. Sorry for the long ass post, late at night, hehe.

THanks- Evan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.