ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will any 4 lug wheel fit a 77? if not what other cars have the same lug pattern? why does this site have a link for the TireRack/wheelrack when there is no datsun on the car list?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
try a 4-hole...4 1/2inch bolt circle...zero offset...many cars run these...I think the old VW did too...I told the tire guy at the local "BIG-O" shop just the numbers and he found lots of wheels that fit...very often if you ask for "Datsun 240Z" they won't have anything...Good Luck :eek:)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If I installed fenders that added 11/2 inches to the fender then what offset could I run?
I would want to run tires that were also ~ 1 1/2 inches wider too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
What the other guys said is true. If you're really bold (fender flares and all) think about it this way. A seven inch wide rim with zero offset will have 3 1/2 (seven divided by two) inches of back spacing. This is what's required to keep the tires from rubbing any of the suspension parts.

Therefore, any wheel with 3 1/2 inch back spacing with the previously mentioned bolt pattern will do. The problem is that most wheels manufactured today fit today's modern suspensions. These require wheels with much greater back spacing and they won't fit our beloved cars. Our choices are limited.

I have 10 wide wheels with 3 1/2 inch back spacing on my GTO. I got them from VR Engineering, Tempe, AZ (480) 967-3289. Keep in mind, that these wheels change the suspension geometry. The "center of gravity" is no longer over the spindles. It's out, somewhere beyond the spindle. This will cause your bearings to wear differently. They should be checked regularly.

I hope this helps.

Lee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.