Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I know I am bugging everyone, but just bare with me for a little longer please. I am just trying to get it right. :+)

I located a set of Smith Custom 16x7 rims. The only problem is it has +20mm offset. Will that work? Is this acceptable for my '83ZXT?

Thanks.

Eugene

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You will need to run a 20mm spacer to compensate. That doesn't sound too bad. That's a little more than a 3/4" spacer. Still, Make sure it is a good spacer and use longer studs.
Later,
Tim Deesen
71' 240ZT

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
RE: Not saying that Tim is wrong but....

I wouldn't do it....3/4 inch is a lot to me and I know that Moog and a couple other sources don't recommend using more than a 1/4 inch spacer...it is hard on the hub bearings.....
You can get good light (Important factor) custom wheels from Centerline in the right backspacing for about $650 a set for 16X8....With 0 offset

·
Registered
403 Posts
I might be wrong too but...

I think the actual measurement on a Z with a 7" wheel on a Z is +15mm offset or somewhere between 9/16 or 5/8 inch offset. if this is the case, throw a 1/4" spacer in there and go for it. Unless, of course I'm wrong, then this is all pointless. Maybe it's 6" wheels that require the +15mm offset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.