ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know "what wheels will fit my z" is a question answered many times in the archives but i have a specific wheel im looking at and was wondering if it will fit my stock 73 240z before i buy. they are 15"x8"rims with a 4.2 inch backspacing. they have the correct bolt patern but im not sure what the offset would be with that backspacing. i know everyone talks about 0 offset and this would be a .2 offset in my guessing so it would work right? anyone know for sure? can anyone explain it to me so i can avoid this question in the future?

Thanks everyone for the help

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Actually, a 7" rim has a bead to bead width of 8". Therefore, it requires a 4" backspace to have 0 offset. I'm guessing an 8" rim is 9" bead to bead and would require 4.5" backspacing.

You can work it out. If you have 7" rims now, these rims should be 0.8" (0.5 + 0.3) closer to your strut on the inside, and 0.2" (0.5-0.3) closer to your fender lip. (Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone).

If they are 6" now, the 8" will be 1.3" and 0.7" closer respectively.

Another thing you will want to take into account is the type of tires. Not all tires rated at the same width have the exact same measurements, they can vary by a couple tenths of an inch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.