ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Read Only
3,883 Posts
use some steel wool to take the rest off get some 00 fine stell wool polish it smoothe and then get a polishing kit that you can attach to your drill from sears. polish them finishing it off with some blue magic aluminum polis and see how nice they look

· Registered
96 Posts
II have 83 ZX 6 spoke wheels on my 260z.The clear was in sorry shape.I considered simply steel wooling them down but then they may require frequent polishings. Instead I sandblasted them,applied an etch coat,and had them painted a metallic alluminum color...Similar to how many new car wheels are done now.They look fantastic! They are easy to keep clean too.

· Registered
1,298 Posts
POR products has a kit called Wheel Restoration Kit. It includes stripper, cleaner and polishing compounds as whell as the buffing wheels and goblets. At $129 seems a bit steep until you try to get the items individually.

Taking a clue from this, get some Aircraft Stripper, apply, get rid of the clear coat, then clean / polish the wheels as best as possible and then clear coat with your choice of a chip and impact resistant finish.

POR also sells a clear POR-15, although I don't know how well it would work for this. You might give them a call though and ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.