ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey out there...what is the verdict on MSA springs? Any good, bad, or otherwise reviews by people using them? I need new springs and am leaning toward these, as I commute in the car and don't want the harsh ride of Tok's or Eibachs.

Thanks!

Kevin

· Registered
5,961 Posts
Between the springs you listed, motorsports are linear rate and I think that they ride very good and increase handling substantially. They are also stiffer than the eibachs. The eibachs and tokico springs are progressive and have a soft start then get firmer. The eibachs are too soft, tokicos work well and hold there spring rate longer than the eibachs.

So far I like my motorsport springs better than the other kits out there for a street car, for competition I would have them custom wound.

Matt

· Registered
4,552 Posts
I run Motorsports on my 75, (not my daily driver) they do ride a little rougher around town but I think they are worth it.

· Registered
168 Posts
Re: What about Suspension Techniques?

I've heard some good things about these as well and the price is right (like $153 from racesearch.com). Not sure if they are progressive or not though. Supposed to be a bit softer than Eibach's. This post is the first I've heard of Eibach;s being too soft. Everyone else complains they are too stiff for street use.

dgracer

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
For me...

They were too soft by about 50%. That puts my ride comfort zone quite different from yours, so that's not applicable.
They are a good compromise between what you mentioned, though.
What are your dampers? They influence the ride much more than the springs. Many people are very happy with the adjustable Tokiko Struts, and just stock springs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.