1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some guidance on:
Complete exhaust, including CATS
Catback system only

I know everyone here is likely into high-end Ansa exhausts or something similar; unfortunately I can't spend that kind of money. Generic type pieces would be fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
You could buy some cheap mufflers and have a shop fab the piping for you. Or I know the HKS hipers are generally the cheapest going cat back exhaust for around $550 or so. Otherwise buy used.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Labree cat back with X-pipe and resonators is a nice setup.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
2nd the used...You can get exhaust at half price or more depending on how motivated the seller is....Or if you want new...Flow masters and custom piping......I just had new stuff ran on vette around $400 including 2 new mufflers, and a cat.....

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Well for the cats you'll have to buy seperate. Most all are from the cats and on back. Heres some good ens'..

HKS Hiper - 550
Labree - 7-8ish (depends)
Stillen - 900
Greddy SP2 - 750

Or you could go to a local muffler place and pick out some mufflers and have them make piping. Not sure how that all goes though.

For the cats you can get high flow or just get a straight pipe without.

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
Almost all the major makers of exhausts for Z's are good. HKS, Stillen, Greddy, B&B, Labree, Borla, etc.. Ive never heard of an Ansa Eshaust on a Z. Custom exhaust systems can work very well also and are generally cheaper. Good piping, good bends, and good mufflers are pretty much the ticket.

Cat-backs ready made are in the range of $700 to $1200 new. The B&Bs and similar are more. High flow cats are around $300. I have a custom made Flowmaster cat-back system on my TT. I bought it used for around $350. You can usually find good used exhaust systems on twinturbo.net classifieds.

hope this helps.

Post Edited (May 17, 12:31pm)

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Either do like I did for my daily driver:

Buy a pair of good mufflers and have a muffler shop do the piping.

or

Buy a good condtion used stock setup. You can buy the exhaust off of Zlusters newest addition to the family. That should go for a decent price.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
i'd check ebay and see what they have, you might be able to find a cheap deal on an exhaust system there... that's where i found my HKS catback system

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I would get the Labree H-pipe w/ resonators, plus two Powertech 1012's and have a good shop do the pipe fab.

Hpipe w/ resonators - 300
Powertech 1012's - 100 (50 each on special)
Piping fab and install ? Not sure - say 150

Your into it for about 550 there.

OR you can have the shop do you up an h pipe with resonators but I am not sure you can beat 300

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
you can get the labree pipes here.

<http://www.specialtyz.com/catbacks.htm>

Powertechs 1012s are good mufflers, but the major dealer, Cbwheels.com, does not carry them despite their website saying they do. I would look elsewhere for mufflers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.