ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't understand why you can't believe a Z can't have 250 or even 300 HP with out a turbo. Yes my car has alot of work... cam , intake, high comp pistons, alum. flywheel, water injection, and other mods.... Sure the **** didn't cost 30,000.Maybe 10,000. Oh and the 100 shot of NOS that is getting put on this month sure will help. Maybe some people don't know how to build a motor. I can say my motor was built by a professional... and a good friend who is a SCCA grew chief of 3 cars and owns a speed shop. Granted he is amazed at how fast my car runs, but I know he is an excellent mechanic. So whatever... I know what I have.... I just wish you could see the looks of some of the GT owners when I race them. Most of them like my car and say if they were to own an import they would get a Z. Oh by the way a good friend of mine had a cobra and ran it at the track and could only pull a low 14 and HE is a GOOD driver and a Ford mechanic. Goto Road and Track .com and read the article on Mustangs..... KIRK
Check out the new Z350 article while you are there........

· Registered
539 Posts
Hahaha,
you are a smart one kvansic! Water injection on an N/A engine is a perfect way to LOSE horsepower. Do you know what they do on a turbo/supercharged car? Your aluminum flywheel isn't going to produce more power either.

About your friend pulling a low 14 in a Cobra, what year is the car? That could be true depending on the year. The newer dohc 4.6 is much faster though. I really don't care what Road and Track says either. Personally, I really hate their magazine. All their articles and specs seem very biased. Have you not notices the huge car manufacturer adds in their mag? Do you think they may give those manufacturers a better review? If you want the TRUTH about what times a car can run then go to the drag strip. There is NO lying about 1/4 times at the track.

One more thing, you say that your friends Cobra is slow. What times do you run at the track? No one will question your cars power if you can post a good time slip.

Kyle

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
Dyno Sheet?

That dispels a lot of doubters, and lack of one will most likely reveal a "Benchracing B.S. Artist".
Show us the sheets.
I know of a Z with 256 RWHP, runs Racing Gas, has 14:1 compression, Tilton Triple Disc Clutch and 7" low-inertia Flywheel: it most definately is NOT streetable. That power level is at the 8000+ rpm range. Such numbers are just so much B.S. unless you can back them up with a dyno sheet.
How did I miss the start of THIS one?

· Registered
3,207 Posts
Re: mods?

Hi Kvansic.
Mr Tyson(280z) asks a purposeful question. So does Mr Chromeshadow and Mr Tony D. Without a dyno sheet how would you know e.x.a.c.t.l.y. what HP range you are in??? With whatever engine modifications you have made you can mention them here... With a cam, carbs or racing FI manifold, a bore and pistons it is easy to get into the 180 to 210 HP range. To get into the 300plus HP range with a NA involves some very deliberate and concious modifications. Trust me here 'cause I know. So Mr Kvansic.....what block...what crank.... what porting...what fuel delivery setup...What exhaust ....what valves.... what springs... what timing... what distributor....what coil.... what,what,what....???? I personally know that a 320HP effort can be produced on a L2.8 NA engine. Just what are your modifications. i ask that you not be offended or put off by my and others insistence of " what ", it is just that for some of us this site is not a game in that we really do want to contribute to those wanting to make their Z a better performing car be it production or modified. And we want to state also e.x.a.c.t.l.y what it was that worked for us or that we did to achieve our results. So it remains for you Mr Kvansic to enlighten us now with your efforts toward this purpose. If unable to then I suggest 'Banter & Chat ' as an alternative site here at Zcar to boast and brag the blah blah blahs at. HappyTrails. shane-

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
Oh, I skip "Mustang" posts...

I already know they're P.O.S.! pfffht! ;-)

· Registered
2,185 Posts
To all you who are bustin' on kvansic..

I am here to TESTIFY that my Z had over 300HP. My mods I had were fuzzy dice and some decals + an evergreen airfreshener. I am an awesome driver too, so I think that was at least 30 HP. I have a Dyno that I made out of an old treadmill and a bicycle speedometer. VERIFIED. Youse guys had best watch yourselfs, lest you find me representin' all over your slow-ass Zs.

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
Big City Boy, EH?

over dere in Esky, EH? Yah, you got dat 'correction factor" all figgered in dere, yah? Me, I got three bucks and a beer, and if I see another, I'll have five if I get the shot off. They all fit in the back of the pickup, under da tarp just fine, and the DNR never knows what's back dere. Yah, I know you city boys got all dem fancy dyno's an stuff, but nuthin' compares to that homespun dyno ZZZ is talkin' about. But yer wrong on that treadmill. It was from a combine feed conveyor flipped wrongside up so's yah had access to the uncleated side of the belt, eh?
Den again, I do all my testin' up Seney way. Got a good stretch dere, an only fourteen miles till da state police roadside stop...
Never underestimate da power of sugarbeet alcohol mixed in da tank of yer pickup!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.