Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would yall pay for this?

2+2 Turbo. Its in canada. Looks VERY nice IMO. It's been rust proofed the guy says. As a result, the car is in VERY good condition. It does have 1 rust spot about the size of a dime, but if thats it, it seems very nice. The car has about 130k, needs new tires, and odo doesn't work, but claims it worked when he got the car (inherited a few weeks ago?) I dunno, before I buy it I'd run a carfax on it and check to see if the milage is fairly accurate on it. It's having issues passing the canada emissions test (new exhaust is what I'd do first anyway after the tires. His mechanic thinks its the cat convert or the 02 sensor). The breaks need to be "serviced", I'm guessing thats just new breaks, but calipers arn't THAT expensive. I can allways go to an auto junk yard. Fuel gauge doesnt work nor does the odometer. Another thing I would do is the Digital to Analog swap, and that may or may not fix the issues with the gauges correct?

The car seems like it needs some minor work, but its very basic things that I don't have an issue doing. What do yall think?

Post Edited (Oct 2, 7:28pm)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya. I dunno why they chose that interior color. but none the less "very nice indeed" indeed.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Ive seen that color interior in my friends Japanese import Skyline Passage with the pimp-style seats and it looks really good but in a Z it's not-so good, not to mention after it fades it goes pink-ish. Forget that tho; the car looks great on the outside and you can always get the inside re-done whatever color.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a dime of rust. I'll sand it off and put a matching paint color on it and no one will ever notice. mehehehe. Thats what I was thinking about domdogg.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
God **** your "how much would you pay" and "take a look at this" posts are getting fucking annoying.

This is a TECHNICAL discussion forum. Not a chat room.

Post Edited (Oct 3, 1:33am)

·
Registered
540 Posts
i con curr az,all this chatter is like listening to a bunch of females when they meet at the mall. alittle bantering is fun but in moderation. (young grasshopper is not wise for his years)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There arn't to many of those posts any more. It appears to have died down. I'm sorry you feel that way AZ. Please do not be so quick to anger. After all it is only a forum. If you don't like the topic, simply don't post.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well since I don't like 2+2 ZXs and I don't like automatics I personally would not pay anything for it BUT if you are seriously interested in the car I would say no more than $1500 (USD). The car looks pretty good for what it is.

Bob

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Author: AZ_ZBum
Date: Oct 3, 1:33am
God **** your "how much would you pay" and "take a look at this" posts are getting fucking annoying.

This is a TECHNICAL discussion forum. Not a chat room.

Post Edited (Oct 3, 1:33am)

1:33AM???
Struck out at the bar there didja ZBum? Hehehe

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Technically, I'm asking what yall think its worth. People post pics of cars and such all the time. I don't see anything wrong with this. I'm just asking people what they think the car is worth. My estimates are not extremely accurate, so I ask other people for advice. I'm sorry that you do not approve of this AZ, but I don't see what the big deal is. Just don't post on the topic if you don't like it.

Anyway, I believe I just saw a john jones calling 88hybrid post, so I think I'll go check that out. Continue to be mad if you wish, but I think it would be more constructive or more fun if you will, to channel that towards john jones, because I'm sure he's pulling another dumb ass stunt.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Re: What would you pay? A 2+2 300Turbo?

Am I missing something here? I thought the only Turbo 2+2 Z cars were the 82 and 83 280ZX Turbo.. At least on this side of the world.. However, I do recall 2+2 300 Turbo's in Japan and Australia.. Sounds like something special to me and I have had Z cars in my family since the first 240Z in 1970.... PS, the white on red looks very nice.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I personally like the extra length the 2+2's give vs the 2 seater. One day I plan to get a 300ZR myself and I know 2 seaters are lighter which is obviously better but I love the sleek length of the 2+2's. And not buying a car just because it's an automatic is silly; it's not hard to do a trans. swap.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.