ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well heres the deal, my 77 280z waz hit at 3:30 on sunday morning by a drunk driver. Needless to say the car is totalled, just wondering who else has lost there baby do to idiots on the road? I'm not sure about anyone else but it hurt to see my baby being towed away like a trash heep. Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes my Z was totaled also but I had it towed to my place now it's out the front rotting away but it's not a total loss as it was my 260z 2+2 which I liked but not as much as the 240z that I've owned since I was 16 and is sitting in the garage waiting for restoration. I know what it's like but to have your car wiped out after all that hard work the memories the fun of driving it's not a good experience. Insurance company's will stuff you around too which isn't much fun and you have to find another car to replace it. I spent more on it than I could get from insurance and all the good parts were on the front of my car eg: brand new radiator, Thermo fan, Smoked Headlight Covers, Front Spoiler(Nice One), Straight Front Fenders(Well they were). It damaged my mags and one of the 2 new struts up front. Steering Rack was busted. On the good side however the engine was of turbo origins the exhaust system was sold and the gearbox is for sale.
Anyway good thing is I have a 240z was is pretty good and ready to go as soon as I get the money for bodywork to commence.
Let me know what you end up doing....
Gav,

·
Registered
157 Posts
That sucks.. I had a simular thing happen with my first car when I was 15, it wasn''t a z but it was a 65 chevele. Anyways point is that it was a hit and run and didn't notice it until I was getting ready for school on a great morning and there it was totaled from the side.

I would hate to see my Z totaled or even dented. Hang in there. Get another Z and treat it like you did your other.

You should have a back up Z in the back yard or garage............

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Jet...is right...a parts car is like money in the bank...but get another Z just like the one that's totaled...or parts might not fit!!!... :eek:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Was your car parked????

Yeah my car was parked right in front of my house, I awoke to the sound of metal being smashed. Yeah the whole front end is good but from the doors back it's crushed. The guy was driving a brand new Nissan pathfinder, A NISSAN hit BY A NISSAN!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.